• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Suggestion/Complaint regarding points

Status
Not open for further replies.

CarissaTT

Survivor
Reaction score
So when I used to play, you'd get 5 points for killing somebody and 5 points when you die which was okay. Now, we still get 5 points for killing but lose 13 points when we die?!?!

This makes it almost impossible to get more points. I'll kill 2-3 people per game and gain NOTHING from it because I lose so many damn points.

Please explain to me how this works?

Anyways, I suggest that you cannot lose points, only gain. Then people will see how good you are, not how often you play (the more you play, the more points you lose)

Matt_The Dreamer

Mockingjay
Reaction score
So when I used to play, you'd get 5 points for killing somebody and 5 points when you die which was okay. Now, we still get 5 points for killing but lose 13 points when we die?!?!

This makes it almost impossible to get more points. I'll kill 2-3 people per game and gain NOTHING from it because I lose so many damn points.

Anyways, I suggest that you cannot lose points, only gain. Then people will see how good you are, not how often you play (the more you play, the more points you lose)
I say no. Points are not important. Wins are. As long as you have high wins you could do anything. Points come with wins, if you win, you get points. Not the other way round. I've seen people with 0 points but 30-50 wins. Mainly because they bounty them away. Like I said at the start. Wins are important, points aren't.

Zeno

Platinum
Reaction score
You lose 2.5% of your total points on death. You are losing more points now because you have more points. At my current level of points, I lose 80 points per death, but am still able to maintain a relatively even score. It just requires more skill to maintain a higher level of points.

iDufferz

Peacekeeper
Reaction score

the more i play, the more points i get :)

mekval

Experienced
Reaction score
The more points you have the more you lose. It is as simple as that

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
Like Zeno said, you lose 2.5% of your current score. You will get 5 points for killing someone with less than 250 points or something like that, and anyone with more than that you will get more than 5 points for killing.

Reaction score
I honestly hate bounty. When I lose it, I can't help but get irritated, even though I realize it means absolute crap. It also gives people excuses to act all elitest. I can't tell you how many times I've had this conversation in lobbies.
(1023)XxJesus9001xX has joined the game
(812)TheRandomMan1000 has joined the game
(1023)XxJesus9001xX: RANDOM TEAM?????/?/
(812)TheRandomMan1000: No thanks.
(1023)XxJesus9001xX: WHY U N00B
(812)TheRandomMan1000: No need to call me a noob... I just don't team with random people.
(1023)XxJesus9001xX: WTF U DUMBAS* I HAVE MORE POINTS THAN U, U SUCK
(812)TheRandomMan1000: I checked your records, I have more wins than you. Points mean nothing. Btw, I'm reporting you.
It's crap honestly.... people get all worked up and it really shows nothing, seeing as the games about surviving to be the last player alive, not to kill ther most people. All bounty really shows is how a player has done the past few games, not if they're a good player or not. Seeing as I only kill when necessary, I lose points faster than I gain. I'm the guy that spys on corn to see if anyone is there, rather than charging in like an idiot.

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I honestly hate bounty. When I lose it, I can't help but get irritated, even though I realize it means absolute crap. It also gives people excuses to act all elitest. I can't tell you how many times I've had this conversation in lobbies.
(1023)XxJesus9001xX has joined the game
(812)TheRandomMan1000 has joined the game
(1023)XxJesus9001xX: RANDOM TEAM?????/?/
(812)TheRandomMan1000: No thanks.
(1023)XxJesus9001xX: WHY U N00B
(812)TheRandomMan1000: No need to call me a noob... I just don't team with random people.
(1023)XxJesus9001xX: WTF U DUMBAS* I HAVE MORE POINTS THAN U, U SUCK
(812)TheRandomMan1000: I checked your records, I have more wins than you. Points mean nothing. Btw, I'm reporting you.
It's crap honestly.... people get all worked up and it really shows nothing, seeing as the games about surviving to be the last player alive, not to kill ther most people. All bounty really shows is how a player has done the past few games, not if they're a good player or not. Seeing as I only kill when necessary, I lose points faster than I gain. I'm the guy that spys on corn to see if anyone is there, rather than charging in like an idiot.
One time some guy said I should team with him because he had 10 more points. I wound up killing him early on. I said "Told you." He left, probably raging.

Zeno

Platinum
Reaction score
#ReqLock. We answered the question.
This does nothing unless you actually report the post :p

I kind of regret starting that trend, because people didn't realize I was actually reporting the post when I said that :p

Reaction score
This does nothing unless you actually report the post :p

I kind of regret starting that trend, because people didn't realize I was actually reporting the post when I said that :p
Indeed, I stopped doing that shortly after G33ke got slightly fed up with it, and told us it does absolutly nothing because the mods don't need to be told when to close a thread. I'm fairly certain atleast 10 people did #ReqLock on that one, and there were some repeats.

Zeno

Platinum
Reaction score
Indeed, I stopped doing that shortly after G33ke got slightly fed up with it, and told us it does absolutly nothing because the mods don't need to be told when to close a thread. I'm fairly certain atleast 10 people did #ReqLock on that one, and there were some repeats.
I heard it from Slasher personally :p

But it's most likely a common sentiment among most mods.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci