• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Suggest new gamemodes

fatmannumbah8

District 13
Reaction score
New game modes suggestion thread
Do you have awesome ideas for new Gamemodes for MCGamer? If you do post them here! The best ideas will make this post here, so the devs can see what we like and dont like. Hopefully some of these game modes will get added. I'll start.

~Minecart Wars~
Imagine having an epic PvP battle while moving high speeds, and avoiding obsectales! This is excatly that, theMinecart Wars.
~Hey.
I'm fatmannumbah8 and I came up with this epic gamemode idea. The reason I came up with this, is because Hystericallify made a thread, called "How do you think MCSG will end?" While reading this someone replied "A new gamemode will take over." That got me thinking, and after a few terrible ideas this one stood out. It was the gamemode that will change the face of minecraft for ever, the one that everyone wanted to play. Minecart Wars.
How it works.
There are 8 player lobbys and 16 player lobbys. In order to play the lobby has to be full.
It is like a minecraft tournament style. The lobby is broken into groups of two into minecarts (Both players spawn in there own.) Each player only has one bow with 64 arrows, and a wood sword. Both carts speed off, sometimes the two carts are far away from eachother so you use your bow to snipe. If the carts are close together you use the melee weapon. The twist is that the carts could be going up and the other could be doing zigzags to make it harder to het eachother. Also, you have to pay attention of the track ahead of you, because you'll have to shoot a wooden button with your bow and arrows. If you fail to hit the button you and your cart go into lava. If you and your oppoment do not die before the ride stops you go into a room and fight it out. The winner of the fight gets splashed with insta health potions and gets a rondomized armour. (Regen is off). Whoever wins gets tped to the next minecart to battle the winner of another fight. The process repeats itself t'ill a victor is crowned. When there is 4 people left, mobs start spawning, so that is another challenge. If you manage to kill your oppoment while the ride isn't done you get tped to the room for regen and the random armour. (Every gets different armour) For the randomized armour you can get leather boots to full diamong. Bet the higher the armour the harder it is to get. You can trade your un-wanted armour for a random sword with enchantments.
Points.
Sponsor items, 1.) Chain armour (1250 points) 2.) Iron sword (850 points) 3.) Flint & steel (Shoots ten fire balls) (3500 points)
The reason it is expensive to sponsor people is because these are huge gamechangers.
Please suggest
1.) A better name
2.) Sponsor items
3.) What could make the gamebetter

Freeze Tag.

You have all played freeze tag as a young child but imagine it on Minecraft! People running away from others because you don't know who the freezer is and it is chaos! Sounds like fun right?
Here's some information on the game.

Players- 20
Freezers- 1
Un-freezers- 3
Shop to buy power ups such as- Insta melt, Speed or Extra Jump.

How it works

There a twenty players and 1 of them is a freezer no one knows who it is, then there are 3 unfreezers. The game randomly choses the 4 people. The freezers have a cooldown in they freeze too many people in 10 seonds. If you're frozen the unfreezers must unfreeze you in thirty seconds or you're out. If the unfreezer gets frozen they instally get unmelted but lose there unfreezing powers. The games lasts around three minutes. To win for the freezer all of the unfreezers must be elminated and all of the normal players must be elmimanated. For the unfreezers to win there has to 3 norml people not elmimanated before time runs out. For a normal player(s) to win the unfreezers must be elimanated and time has to go to zero and all the normal players left wins.

That is all.

Post your games below!
Thread inspired be @ToeKnee

ToeKnee

District 13
Reaction score
One in the chamber.
Yea sure, It's on the Hive, but doesn't mean we can't have it? It's ridiculously fun, and I think it would be a lot of fun.

Tournament:
This is basically just a large 1v1 tournament where everybody has full iron, bow with 16 arrows, and an iron sword. The point of this is to see who is number one!

Obstacle race!
Maybe we could add a parkour race where pistons can push you off the platform, and you need to get the the end
first to win!

Maze PVP
You are put in a maze with blindness and you have a wooden sword, your goal is to get out of the maze or kill everybody else in the maze. Also, you don't have nametags.

Pixelmon
We could have a pixelmon survival server where you can battle and train your pixelmon!

The Walls
Please just please bring it back xD

Skybridge survival
Kind of like the walls but it builds bridges to different islands.

Maybe if you win you can get arcade coins which you can trade for prizes, like pets, armor for decoration and more!

Gamer101luke

District 13
Reaction score
Any new gamemodes would be awesome. The all of the ideas mentioned are amazing.

Lively

District 13
Reaction score
Here are a few of my ideas.
  • An actual boardgame in Minecraft. Different colored blocks let you do different things.
    • An alternative would be something very similar to Mario Party, but in Minecraft.
  • A gamemode that spawns people in a randomly generated vanilla seed. The players then have to find some sort of structure, but it can spawn anywhere that has enough room for it, in a cave, on a mountain, even in the middle of an ocean. Players can break blocks any blocks and gather supplies and materials. The game ends when someone finds the structure, or when only one player is left alive. To keep players from wondering off, there would be a dome with a 500-750 block radius.

Ender_Harold

Career
Reaction score
One in the chamber.
Yea sure, It's on the Hive, but doesn't mean we can't have it? It's ridiculously fun, and I think it would be a lot of fun.

Tournament:
This is basically just a large 1v1 tournament where everybody has full iron, bow with 16 arrows, and an iron sword. The point of this is to see who is number one!

Obstacle race!
Maybe we could add a parkour race where pistons can push you off the platform, and you need to get the the end
first to win!

Maze PVP
You are put in a maze with blindness and you have a wooden sword, your goal is to get out of the maze or kill everybody else in the maze. Also, you don't have nametags.

Pixelmon
We could have a pixelmon survival server where you can battle and train your pixelmon!

The Walls
Please just please bring it back xD

Skybridge survival
Kind of like the walls but it builds bridges to different islands.

Maybe if you win you can get arcade coins which you can trade for prizes, like pets, armor for decoration and more!
Why does everyone forget Capture the Wool? ;_;

Mlpoknzaba

Diamond
Reaction score
What about a game where players get spawned into a vanilla map and Pvp is disabled for 15 mins. You have to build and craft, normal survival and all that. The players are aiming to make an item, but they do not know what the item is. When they get it, they get buffs or gear etc. When the timer hits 0, the players are tp'ed near to the middle of the map (~100 blocks) and have to fight it out, this time in a survival game style map.

also for Freeze tag

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
On your 1st idea, Minecart Wars:

The idea is good, but some of the details you suggested would just be a pain. A fight at the end would just be stupid, both could survive until the end on purpose just for the 1v1. It would be unnecessary, and the whole gamemode could become solely based on PvP rather than the Minecart war. Also, I think sponsoring in the game would make it out of hand. While you already have to use pure luck to get good gear, and you could get screwed just because of your luck where you would have won, sponsoring seems too overpowering and unnecessary no matter the price.
Also, I think the gear you get shouldn't be completely up to chance. It should be up to how quickly you won the race, or the fight. Of course, the chance for diamond gear should be really really low, and nothing should be too easy to get. There should be a high enough chance you get no armour at all from it.
All in all though, the idea is good and I'd love to try it :)

And about Freeze Tag:

The unfreezers and normal players should be on the same team, and win together rather than separately. It's essentially good guys and bad guys, not bad guys, saviours, and innocents :p On that note, the non-freezers should win as long as they have at least 2 survivors, excluding the unfreezers though. They are on the same team, and win as one, but they are not included because they are harder to kill. Otherwise, the game seems interesting.

A game type of my own to suggest:
Shepherd's Flight.

It's a game that @Boboaluitz, @TheRandomMan1000, @Virtual, @BritishShoop, and I invented (maybe others I'm forgetting >.<). Basically, there are X amount of people (let's say 6 for the purposes of this explanation). Each of them gets 3-5 sheep (a pre-determined number for everyone though), and each player gets a different colour. All of the sheep are attached through the Minecraft ropes that I can't remember the name of. Each player also gets a bow, 64 arrows and a weapon (it was diamond axes during our testing, but that was as a joke :p probably stone swords/iron swords for the actual game). Everyone is in creative, or at least flying and no damage taking, and the goal is to fly around and kill everyone else's sheep. The last one with sheep left wins! It's also a challenge because you can't fall too fast or your sheep will fall off their ropes! And aiming at flying targets is no easy task.

fatmannumbah8

District 13
Reaction score
On your 1st idea, Minecart Wars:

The idea is good, but some of the details you suggested would just be a pain. A fight at the end would just be stupid, both could survive until the end on purpose just for the 1v1. It would be unnecessary, and the whole gamemode could become solely based on PvP rather than the Minecart war. Also, I think sponsoring in the game would make it out of hand. While you already have to use pure luck to get good gear, and you could get screwed just because of your luck where you would have won, sponsoring seems too overpowering and unnecessary no matter the price.
Also, I think the gear you get shouldn't be completely up to chance. It should be up to how quickly you won the race, or the fight. Of course, the chance for diamond gear should be really really low, and nothing should be too easy to get. There should be a high enough chance you get no armour at all from it.
All in all though, the idea is good and I'd love to try it :)

And about Freeze Tag:

The unfreezers and normal players should be on the same team, and win together rather than separately. It's essentially good guys and bad guys, not bad guys, saviours, and innocents :p On that note, the non-freezers should win as long as they have at least 2 survivors, excluding the unfreezers though. They are on the same team, and win as one, but they are not included because they are harder to kill. Otherwise, the game seems interesting.

A game type of my own to suggest:
Shepherd's Flight.

It's a game that @Boboaluitz, @TheRandomMan1000, @Virtual, @BritishShoop, and I invented (maybe others I'm forgetting >.<). Basically, there are X amount of people (let's say 6 for the purposes of this explanation). Each of them gets 3-5 sheep (a pre-determined number for everyone though), and each player gets a different colour. All of the sheep are attached through the Minecraft ropes that I can't remember the name of. Each player also gets a bow, 64 arrows and a weapon (it was diamond axes during our testing, but that was as a joke :p probably stone swords/iron swords for the actual game). Everyone is in creative, or at least flying and no damage taking, and the goal is to fly around and kill everyone else's sheep. The last one with sheep left wins! It's also a challenge because you can't fall too fast or your sheep will fall off their ropes! And aiming at flying targets is no easy task.
Thanks for the suggestions with mine and the sheep one sounds fun .

Fox

Diamond
Reaction score
Well, I already got The Hive >.<

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci