• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Stupid Traps

NanoByte360

Spectator
Reaction score
You should stop implementing traps into your maps because they are stupid, and don't do any good except provide people a waiting game. Screw you

Captain Dory

Diamond
Reaction score
Traps are fine tbh. The traps that really should not be in the game are 2-3 block deep holes that you can't get out of. I'm fine if a trap kills you, but if it makes you wait... nu.

Perkins

Platinum
Reaction score
IMO there are 'good' traps and 'bad' traps. Good ones are the ones that are very obviously a trap, or were intentionally placed (e.g. trapped chests traps, lava holes, wrong solutions to codes, etc). These ones, I'm fine with, even if I hate falling for/into them. Then there's the bad ones, that seem to crop up as a result of poor map building (e.g. inescapable gaps in stairwells, 2/3 block deep holes in the terrain, etc). Those are the worst.

mr_pendle

Diamond
Reaction score
IMO there are 'good' traps and 'bad' traps. Good ones are the ones that are very obviously a trap, or were intentionally placed (e.g. trapped chests traps, lava holes, wrong solutions to codes, etc). These ones, I'm fine with, even if I hate falling for/into them. Then there's the bad ones, that seem to crop up as a result of poor map building (e.g. inescapable gaps in stairwells, 2/3 block deep holes in the terrain, etc). Those are the worst.
Yeah, I completely agree with this.
The annoying holes, stuff like that aren't good, but really you can avoid them by having common sense.

The_Great_Tito

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Yeah, I completely agree with this.
The annoying holes, stuff like that aren't good, but really you can avoid them by having common sense.
Yeah, just really stay alert the whole game and you should miss all traps.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci