• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Stop refill of spawn chests? (poll)

Nerf spawn chest refill?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

nate252

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Are the spawn chests overpowered? At start, no I dont think they are. I like that they have better items then most chests. What I do not like is whoever controls spawn when it refills at night, wins the game.

9 times out of ten, whoever controls spawn, wins. And I dont like that. Spawn is the only place to get diamond (as far as Ive ever seen) so they are pretty much guarenteed a D sword. And for those out surviving or just arent strong enough to take spawn themselves, their fate is solidified when another player raids the chests at spawn. Why not just end the game there instead of wasting time in feeble attempts raiding random chests and only getting leather armor and uncooked fish when someone else now has a full set of iron armor and a D sword.

As far as I can tell the focus of the game is no longer to go out into the wildnerss, find chests, pvp, and survive. It is all about gaining control of spawn at night.

Idk I just kind of think spawn chests should either be nerfed or made so they do not regen at night. Maybe all the other chests do, but not spawn. Or none at all, thats cool too.

And I am sure most of you will hate on this idea because raiding spawn at night is the only way you can win :p

niftyapple

Spectator
Reaction score
Being that in Hunger Games that the center was refilled, this is highly unlikely. I personally like it, makes people fight for these things and makes rounds go by faster making it so more people get more play time.

Clbrend

Career
Reaction score
Like you said. "Whoever controls spawn, wins."
So go to spawn and control it. Make it your's! And win!

CrowHH

Tribute
Reaction score
I don't think that ALL chests should be refilled, I think that a third of the chest in the middle should be refilled.

xXDO0MXx

Survivor
Reaction score
Being that in Hunger Games that the center was refilled, this is highly unlikely. I personally like it, makes people fight for these things and makes rounds go by faster making it so more people get more play time.
Im going to have to agree with nifty on this. Im likin the challenge and strategy of takin over the middle. (Lol even though im never able to do it) I vote keep as is

CrowHH

Tribute
Reaction score
I rarely see people fight over the middle after about 3min.

The Arena Master

Mockingjay
Reaction score
No. Anybody can actually acquire the spawn chests, as sooner or later the campers there go looking, I sneak in and take what's there. :)

nate252

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Like you said. "Whoever controls spawn, wins."
So go to spawn and control it. Make it your's! And win!
I do. I have won many a time from this. But winning isnt the only reason to play. Its to have fun. And I think its more fun exploring the map and finding chests and ppl away from spawn and no have to worry about it.
The only reason I go and get things from spawn half the time is just so other wont get it, then I go about my way. I just if you want any chance of winning you cant let people take spawn, and I think thats lame that that is the deciding factor of the game.

No. Anybody can actually acquire the spawn chests, as sooner or later the campers there go looking, I sneak in and take what's there. :)
nono I am not talking about people that camp spawn at the begin or somthing. Every night it is refilled. And garuenteed a few people make their way there to loot it. Sometimes only 1 person because every1 else is our surviving. Then they alone get full iron armor and D sword and stuff. and can take EVERYTHING so when you come around later there is nothing left... Or thats what I do anyway :p

unenergizer

Tribute
Reaction score
Question...

If you know that camping the spawn would help you win the game, then why not use that information to your advantage? There is no reason to nerf anything. If you don't want other people getting those chest's at spawn, then get there and take them for your self. :rolleyes:

nate252

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Question...

If you know that camping the spawn would help you win the game, then why not use that information to your advantage? There is no reason to nerf anything. If you don't want other people getting those chest's at spawn, then get there and take them for your self. :rolleyes:
I can and do essentially do that! I said that in the very post right above you!

"I do. I have won many a time from this. But winning isnt the only reason to play. Its to have fun. And I think its more fun exploring the map and finding chests and ppl away from spawn and no have to worry about it.
The only reason I go and get things from spawn half the time is just so other wont get it, then I go about my way. I just if you want any chance of winning you cant let people take spawn, and I think thats lame that that is the deciding factor of the game."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci