• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Stepping Off the Platforms Early

Should Players Explode if They step off the Platforms Early?

• Total voters

Chaos_Slayer_

Survivor
Reaction score
Now first off I want to say that this thread could have been previously suggested before. I'm not sure; I did look around on the forums and did not find it. So without further a due I present my idea on the starting platforms (& explosions).

If you have ever read, or watched the Hunger Games (Which I am sure many of you have) you know that if the tributes step off their platform early they explode. Therefore, I thought hmm, it would be cool if something like this were implemented into MCSG. I figure that this will give MCSG more of a Hunger Games feel. I know that MCSG is the survival games and is based off the Hunger Games series so; it will not be 100% the Hunger Games. However, I think that this will definitely spice up the Survival Games. If this eventually does get implemented that will mean that players are not stuck in one spot any more. I know that people will repeatedly tell me “No this is the Survival Games not the Hunger Games!”, “What If someone lags, or accidentally steps off their platform and is killed?” Well that will just have to be another challenge of MCSG!

Really all I want to say by this thread is that I think it would be cool to add something extra to MCSG. I have looked at other servers and seen that they don’t have this implemented into their Survival Games either. Please feel free to leave your thoughts and comments below about this Feature Suggestion. Thank you for spending some time and reading my idea :D

demonsushi

District 13
Reaction score
This would cause about 4-12 people to die before each game, and would make it a lot easier to win.

This is an April Fool's joke btw

:)

ArgaJones

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Yeah they did this for an April fools joke once, but i think it would be a cool thing to add permanently.

Brandon6895

Platinum
Reaction score
No thank you, it is fine for April fools.

You will honestly never have a game with 24 people if this gets implemented, probably 5-6 will die. Also, you will constantly get people saying things like " Press W for a Diamond sword! " or something along those lines so they can trick others into moving.

Also on April Fools I kept dying quite a lot because I would be running around the lobby and it would go to pre-game and I would forget about the Podiums exploding thus me dying.

I feel like this will only scare off new players. A new player joins and they walk around the lobby, they get TP'd into the arena and then they die. The new player would just get confused and annoyed and probably leave MCSG.

Chaos_Slayer_

Survivor
Reaction score
No thank you, it is fine for April fools.

You will honestly never have a game with 24 people if this gets implemented, probably 5-6 will die. Also, you will constantly get people saying things like " Press W for a Diamond sword! " or something along those lines so they can trick others into moving.

Also on April Fools I kept dying quite a lot because I would be running around the lobby and it would go to pre-game and I would forget about the Podiums exploding thus me dying.

I feel like this will only scare off new players. A new player joins and they walk around the lobby, they get TP'd into the arena and then they die. The new player would just get confused and annoyed and probably leave MCSG.
I feel that this could be true, but if you're on a survival games server there is a huge chance that you have read or seen the Hunger Games series. And very easily figure out why you died and join another game. Also now that they have the time implemented on the side of the screen it's not hard to see when the lobby will go into pregame.

Pixelatorx2

Platinum
Reaction score
I feel that this could be true, but if you're on a survival games server there is a huge chance that you have read or seen the Hunger Games series. And very easily figure out why you died and join another game. Also now that they have the time implemented on the side of the screen it's not hard to see when the lobby will go into pregame.
Survival, not hunger games.

Brandon6895

Platinum
Reaction score
Yeah... I don't stare at the timer until it goes to pre-game, in fact I don't think many people do.

Brandon6895

Platinum
Reaction score
I don't stare at the timer either. I mean most people probably see it before it hits 0:00 at least once.
Yeah obviously they will see the timer at least once, doesn't mean they will look at the timer when it goes to pre-game.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci