• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Statistics reset ideas and suggestions?

Miner9823

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
So it still has been going around that quite a vast amount of people disagree with the statistics reset. However, from what I can infer, people intend to keep going up with their statistics and not have the statistics reset have them to start all over again, here is what I propose:
There will be three types of leaderboards, the names are to be the old leaderboards, the new leaderboards, and the combined leaderboards.

The old leaderboards, will of course not be updated, and they will be kept somewhere safe with all the final information for everyone to see their previous performances in the past. Also, this could let people keep their dignity knowing that their statistics will be left unnoticed.

The new leaderboards, will simply be where everything starts fresh and anew. Of course, people will probably Try-hard a lot, and in some cases, go as far to hacking just so they can get first place in the new leaderboards. But we do have our great, and loyal staff members for a reason, to regulate server activity, and make sure nothing suspicious is going on. Also, we can use the old leaderboards to check on an individual's performance in the past, so we can check if they seem legitimate or not.

The combined leaderboards, this is where both old, and new leaderboards are combined. This meaning that the old leaderboards statistics will be added on with the new leaderboards statistics and it will continue updating by continuing on adding further performances from the new leaderboards. So for example: Bob had 1000 wins in the old leaderboards, in the new leaderboards, he had at least 500 wins so far. Meaning in the combined leaderboards he would have had 1500 wins together, and since he is still playing Survival Games, his combined leaderboards can continue updating when he keeps playing, so for those who still want to continue playing with their old leaderboards, they can use the combined leaderboards for checking their overall statistics. :)

Dzbs

Iron
Reaction score
I actually really like the combined leaderboards idea! The only thing I'm wondering is how the Devs will be able to group together the old stats and new stats.

Col_StaR

District 13
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm getting really sick of people suggesting this, because I've already posted a statement about how this won't work over a week ago.

Why not create a Lifetime Leaderboards, or two sets of separate dynamic Leaderboards? Something other than Legacy Leaderboards?
  • As stated in this Front-Page Announcement, number-crunching and statistics tracking on a scale that we have requires a lot of server power and resources. In order to accommodate for two different leaderboards systems, we would need to double the cost of the statistics server expenses. In turn, we would need to increase the price of the items on our webstore, which we do not believe would be a worthwhile move. As such, we would prefer to stick with only one statistics system and run with that.

Dzbs

Iron
Reaction score
That's what I was thinking of. :/

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci