• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Staff Unban/Ban Messages on Profiles.

Is this a good idea?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Yes, but... (post in comments)

• Total voters

Fletch

Career
Reaction score
Lately I have been browsing through some staff profiles (not stalking them ;)) and I have seen most of the Admins & Sr.Mods (some Moderators too!) have messages on the profiles either about their ban being unfair/they are sorry and won't do it again or they have spotted a hacker and want the staff member to look at the case. And on every message there is a comment below saying "This is not the place to discuss bans/unbans, report/post a thread here: [Link]" or along those lines.

Well I want to put a stop to this madness with a little idea of mine, I believe they should add a little red box under the staff members name with a little message about posting on their profile (wall).

Example:
Take Le0's profile for example I have put this together in photoshop:
http://puu.sh/7oeXx.jpg

The message in the red box: "Please do not post ban disputes or ban reports here. For Ban Disputes post here: [Link] and for Ban Reports post here: [Link]. Any ban reports/ban disputes will not be followed up if they are posted here"

Le0

District 13
Reaction score
It's a nice idea, however I don't think it would work- if you look on my profile, you can see that even though it clearly says that people will still come to me about them. And that's not counting the PMs and TS messages I get about them either.

I'm also not sure about the compatibility with Xenforo- ie. making a message appear on only sr staffs profiles.

Harmonicat

Experienced
Reaction score
I think a good solution would be a filter that detects the word "Ban", "Hacks", "Hacker", etc: and when you post a message containing one of those words a dialog box pops up directing you to the appropriate section.

Fletch

Career
Reaction score
I think a good solution would be a filter that detects the word "Ban", "Hacks", "Hacker", etc: and when you post a message containing one of those words a dialog box pops up directing you to the appropriate section.
I like this idea xD

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci