• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Staff Suggestions!

Gunnishone

Platinum
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I just wanted to discuss two things instances where I think things could have been handled differently, and I explain how I think they should be handled in the future.

• Several staff members on TS talking to a lone member. Basically if someone jumps on to the TS if they have a question or issue, or because they were ordered to come on TS. Once they get on TS they are most likely moved into a channel full of staff. This is, for most people, intimidating. Some people that I have spoke to said that they have been pulled into a channel full of staff members. Sometimes it's a great experience with tons of staff trying to be as helpful/nice as possible. Other times it has become intimidating and it's almost like the staff gang up on you. It has happened to me, and it has happened to a lot of other people I have talked to. Sure it's good to have varied opinions and a lot of people helping you at once, but if someone asks something or wants to talk about something, I think they should be brought into a channel with a single staff member, unless they ask otherwise.
  • Moderators getting involved in senior mod+ matters. Not naming names, but on several occasions I have seen moderators getting involved with senior mod+ matters. I don't think this is right. Firstly, I feel like senior mods and higher are slightly more trustworthy that moderators. With important issues or problems, I don't think moderators should be allowed to know, hear about, or get involved. I have personally had a moderator tell me in global chat to join the TS immediately or risk getting kicked from the game. I believe it should have been a senior mod or higher telling me this, and not a mod.
There was 1 other thing but I think I've made a thread about it before.

Don't take this as criticism, I'm just bringing up some suggestions that I think would benefit MCSG.

Thanks,
Gunnishone :)

Cubes

District 13
Reaction score
Regarding the first point, it often seems like people who have questions for moderators would rather speak with a group. When there's just a one to one discussion, some people feel like that's when they're being ganged up on. I've had requests from users to specifically talk with a group, to gather more opinions, and to specifically talk alone. All you really need to do is ask. We're quite compliant :)

Edit: I don't really see a need to comment on the second issue, and I haven't really seen it happen.

BoostMeGaming

Diamond
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I just wanted to discuss two things instances where I think things could have been handled differently, and I explain how I think they should be handled in the future.

• Several staff members on TS talking to a lone member. Basically if someone jumps on to the TS if they have a question or issue, or because they were ordered to come on TS. Once they get on TS they are most likely moved into a channel full of staff. This is, for most people, intimidating. Some people that I have spoke to said that they have been pulled into a channel full of staff members. Sometimes it's a great experience with tons of staff trying to be as helpful/nice as possible. Other times it has become intimidating and it's almost like the staff gang up on you. It has happened to me, and it has happened to a lot of other people I have talked to. Sure it's good to have varied opinions and a lot of people helping you at once, but if someone asks something or wants to talk about something, I think they should be brought into a channel with a single staff member, unless they ask otherwise.
  • Moderators getting involved in senior mod+ matters. Not naming names, but on several occasions I have seen moderators getting involved with senior mod+ matters. I don't think this is right. Firstly, I feel like senior mods and higher are slightly more trustworthy that moderators. With important issues or problems, I don't think moderators should be allowed to know, hear about, or get involved. I have personally had a moderator tell me in global chat to join the TS immediately or risk getting kicked from the game. I believe it should have been a senior mod or higher telling me this, and not a mod.
There was 1 other thing but I think I've made a thread about it before.

Don't take this as criticism, I'm just bringing up some suggestions that I think would benefit MCSG.

Thanks,
Gunnishone :)
Yea, this happened to me before also...

Tacoface1234

District 13
Reaction score
  • Moderators getting involved in senior mod+ matters. Not naming names, but on several occasions I have seen moderators getting involved with senior mod+ matters
Please, by all means, name names, send em to me in a PM. If someone is doing something they shouldn't, the only way for them to be held accountable is to take it to those whose job it is to sort these things out. ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci