• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Solo vs Team vs Mixed Lobbies

Mark27

Platinum
Reaction score
hey guys, i have been asked by a lot of people about MCGamer and its lobby variety.

A lot of users are complaining of dying to teams of 2+ players and or dying to hackers.

An interesting idea that has crossed my mind and a lot of other players minds is implementing Solo ques and Team ques for SG. Now this means if players are caught teaming in solo games, both users will receive a punishment agreed on by the staff. In team games there may be teams of 2+ participants, or if you are looking for a challenge, you may also play solo in a team game.

Many people have been talking about this for a while, so i thought id make a thread about it.

Let me know your opinions down below, and lets see what we can come up with as a community!

Have a good day on the MCGamer network!

mark27 :)

Pearlyyy

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
This has been suggested many times and it's mainly the same answer, it will most likely never happen. Sorry to be blunt, but people will somehow find a way to ruin the Solo player servers and it'd just be a waste of time to be honest.

This would make moderation somewhat hard too. Two players could be teamed and not admit to it, thus leading to more drama and thread complaints.

Mark27

Platinum
Reaction score
This has been suggested many times and it's mainly the same answer, it will most likely never happen. Sorry to be blunt, but people will somehow find a way to ruin the Solo player servers and it'd just be a waste of time to be honest.

This would make moderation somewhat hard too. Two players could be teamed and not admit to it, thus leading to more drama and thread complaints.
true, just getting mixed opinions about this from a lot of people

ChibiGoose

Platinum
Reaction score
Teams are a huge part of the game, and people team for an advantage or to play with friends. Putting them in their own lobby would take that away and make them use hacks or something else for advantage. Plus it's honestly boring without teams, I'd quit and move to a different server if they added that.

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Segregating solo players and teams has been brought up before, and every time has generally been shot down. If we made solo only servers, and then created team only servers, we would have to rework our entire leaderboard system again.

However, we do understand that many people want these, and are considering implementing a beta stage for servers that are strictly for solo play. If they go well, we might keep them. If we created a few servers for solo play only, it may also allow us to keep our current leaderboard system.

SnoopSean

Career
Reaction score
I think that teams will always be part of the game.

Teams will have Teams, (2 To2 would come together, and we can't keep on making To3 servers and such)

Plus, all these servers would mean harder to organize and moderate, the staff already have to watch tons of lobbies and adding more would just make the whole system have to be reworked.

Mark27

Platinum
Reaction score
Segregating solo players and teams has been brought up before, and every time has generally been shot down. If we made solo only servers, and then created team only servers, we would have to rework our entire leaderboard system again.

However, we do understand that many people want these, and are considering implementing a beta stage for servers that are strictly for solo play. If they go well, we might keep them. If we created a few servers for solo play only, it may also allow us to keep our current leaderboard system.
i agree, i just thought id made a thread about it because so many people ask me and talk to about this particular topic :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci