• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

"Small" problem with EU..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lazy_cracken

Tribute
Reaction score
I'm sure a great proportion of the community here on MCSG are EU players, including myself. Naturally, we would choose to play on the EU servers as we get the best connection here, for me, I get around 30ms which is very good! However there is a big BUT. I'm sure I don't stand alone in saying that EU contains an incredibly large number of Rule-breaking players, yes "Hackers". Now, I think that honestly more than 1 in 2 games these days in an SG game will contain a hacker. I used to record every one of them I could find in order to file a report, however I looked in my Fraps folder yesterday and I have hundreds of clips. I don't make reports any more as it is just not worth it.

I have a very bad upload speed too which makes it difficult for me to even upload even very brief evidence, furthermore, I cannot play while uploading due to the lag caused. I notice this problem with hackers more on EU than anywhere else. Perhaps there are players of other nationalities who speak different languages that do not understand what they are doing is against the rules. I really think something needs to be done other than just encouraging more people to record and report.

I am also seeing new exploitations emerging; Players who can rapid fire fully charged arrows like a machine gun, Players who practically teleport to corn as soon as the timer ends. If there was a way that Regeneration Mods could be stopped, mabye we would stand a chance against hackers. Luckily for me I seem to be able to trade equal hits with hackers but because they have Uber-fast Regeneration, they don't die.

If only there was a system where moderators could ban Hackers on site, without needing to record their own evidence or view evidence. Please leave feedback if any of you have any ideas on how to solve the problem, constructive feedback thanks, I know this seems like a rant but if you are an EU player I'm sure you would feel.

AlgerWaterlow

Platinum
Reaction score
And here I always thought the EU region would be filled with the most civilized of all of us.

Temporary Solution: play on CA (not US).

Permanent Solution: be more selective in hiring moderators, so that the EU and AU apps get priority consideration over U.S.

Other than that, it's simply a matter of MCG duplicating the U.S. region's rotation.

Reaction score
record and report:) (I kid:p) I understand the concern, but there are being steps taken to try lock down on the increase In Hackers on EU. The problem with with banning without evidence, is this could be easily abused and taken advantage of, both by players and staff. It's something we hope our staff members and Players would never do, but sometimes you can't afford to take the risk. But rest assured, there have been steps to lower the amount of hackers in EU, and we will continue to do so.

Lazy_cracken

Tribute
Reaction score
record and report:) (I kid:p) I understand the concern, but there are being steps taken to try lock down on the increase In Hackers on EU. The problem with with banning without evidence, is this could be easily abused and taken advantage of, both by players and staff. It's something we hope our staff members and Players would never do, but sometimes you can't afford to take the risk. But rest assured, there have been steps to lower the amount of hackers in EU, and we will continue to do so.
#BlameMojang I say

masond123

Platinum
Reaction score
We are in the midst of a special program dealing specifically with the unusually high hacker count on the EU servers. If you encounter a hacker and cannot record, please let a moderator know in any way possible. One way you can get in contact with a moderator is this. The moderators are working as hard as we can to drastically decrease this population.
Thread locked, please PM me with any further questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci