• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Small change to Deathmatch

SullisaurusRex

Survivor
Reaction score
So i went into deathmatch a few games ago and was in the middle of the two guys when we started. They both turned on me (they weren't teamed) I was just closest. I was able to evade them and it ended up a fair fight but it got me thinking of an easy fix to getting stuck in the middle. The bad things about the middle are
A. if the people you are playing against decide to go for the guy nearest them Boom its you. And
B. if you go straight for one guy 9 times out of 10 the guy behind you is gonna start whacking away on your back. Now i realize this isn't a big deal to counter but why not just make it a completely fair fight all around.
I say that everyone is spawned equal spots away from each other. Say, if 2 people go to deathmatch they start opposite platforms. If 3 people, every 8th platform and so on. It would form a triangle instead of a straight line and everyone would be the same distance away from everyone else.
I think this would be a super simple change and could just make it completely fair.
DO NOT:
comment on this trying to tell me how easy it is in deathmatch when you are in the middle. I have done it plenty of times, I do not need your advice.
I want to know either
A. this will make the game worse because.........(your answer here)
or
B. This is a good idea

xNeji8Palm

Tribute
Reaction score
I think it would be a good idea and could give the players who aren't great at the game a fair chance at death match.

gcb99

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
This is a good idea...
Another fact FOR it is:
Both Guys aim at you which sucks ^^

TheInforcerHD

Platinum
Reaction score
I like this idea! It's been suggested a couple times in the past so hopefully this could be added in :)

ManOfTheBread

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I don't see any cons with this idea. And that's usually all I look for when someone posts a suggestion. So I say why not.

Deduffer96

Spectator
Reaction score
I am for this idea. It doesn't make any sense to disadvantage (90% of time) one random player each deathmatch.

SullisaurusRex

Survivor
Reaction score
Well, you are placed back to where you spawned in the first place depending on when you got into the server out of the 24- that were in there when the game went into the map. I like the way it is. It makes it more fun. You don't really remember who was next to you and it's another point of the Survival Games. Of course it isn't fair. That is how the games work. I think it should stay the same to make the games be more exciting. Here are some suggestions however.

Play with a team mate. If both of you make it to DM, then boom, you become that person.
Truce with someone until DM and hope they make it so that you are not alone.
Take out one of the other last two right before DM so that it's only you and the other guy at the end.
Ask the last guy to team on the last guy.
Run away and set fire behind you(Just a fighting suggestion)

There are many other ways to make it more fair AND beneficial for you. But, it will most likely stay the way it is for the time being, because it makes it more exciting and unfair, like the games are supposed to be. You are just thinking of it the wrong way. Instead, be proud you made it to DM and you have a nice chance of winning. Good luck :)
I can't tell if you are trolling me or just can't read. It very clearly said in the thread that I DO NOT WANT your suggestions for playing death match. And your idea makes absolutely no sense. Why should it be unfair on purpose? If they made it where one player took 1/2 heart of damage where everyone else took 2 would that be better? No the objective of a multi-player game is to make all things equal and a players skill determine the winner. Why should blind luck of spawning in a bad spot keep you from doing as well?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci