• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Skype Abuse - Bannable or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saza

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Hey everyone.
I have a question for the staff and possibly non-staff members as well. Now obviously in game abuse is a bannable offence but in the rules it doesn't state anything about external abuse from the game. I assume that it would be bannable because it's just like any abuse in game and it is related to MCSG.

If it is worth reporting, I will do so when I have got evidence of it.

Thanks for your time.

DoUEvenShift

Diamond
Reaction score
From what I've heard (although the mod that told me this was fired) anything outside of the MCSG servers, MCSG Teamspeak, or MCSG Website is not usable for evidence in an abuse report.

yozy3

AHAHAHAHAHAHA
Reaction score
Skype is not really enough evidence to get someone banned. You can easily change your name on there so I could change my name to someone elses name and start abusing someone.

Saza

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Skype is not really enough evidence to get someone banned. You can easily change your name on there so I could change my name to someone elses name and start abusing someone.
You have a good point there. I'm sure if I get the right screen shot on the convo (including skype name) it would be sufficient evidence though.

Could I get some input from some staff?
Le0
SixZoSeven
Dave
Col_StaR

gianteye123

Diamond
Reaction score
You've done that before....

Gustav Mahikano

Diamond
Reaction score
As a former staff member myself I'm pretty sure Skype evidence isn't accepted. Perhaps the Snr. Staff can make some exceptions depending on the situation; I wouldn't know.

darkai202

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Skype evidence is in no way banable. If so, I could've got so many people banned.. And be banned myself. xD

Saza

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Alright thank you all for clearing that up.

SixZoSeven

Community Engagement Team Lead
Reaction score
Any happenings that occur outside of our servers, website, and TS are not affiliated with us or our rules and are not subject to punishment.

DerpyDash11

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Any happenings that occur outside of our servers, website, and TS are not affiliated with us or our rules and are not subject to punishment.
I was banned from a skype message to echo, and demoted, I guess there was other evidence, but non was reported D:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci