• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Simple suggestion!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TXFDA

Spectator
Reaction score
You mean when you first start? Like.. You can't get hurt for 30 seconds after you start?

Because if so. I say ..no. Mainly because that's a bit part of the thing in the first place. Deciding if you want to go for the middle and risk dying instantly, or rushing off to hide and find chests. If there's a 30 second delay for getting hurt, everyone will just rush the middle, grab everything, then run away. lol.

Unless I got your idea wrong, in which case, I suggest being more specific instead of making people guess at what you mean.

Retardo1324

Tribute
Reaction score
No you have it right, but you will soon realize this is a better idea than you think. Having played over 75 matches by now, I get killed at corn about 1 in 3 games, the last 3 in a row I have been killed, leading to this post. If I don't go to corn because fear of dying I'm left with no armor or weapons to defend myself and starving because I have no food usually leading me to quit so I don't lose points, or dying to a guy that has only a wooden sword. SO, either this would be a good implication OR balancing regular chests with corn chests would also solve my problem, the frequency of good weapons and armor at corn is too good to pass up, just to go die anyways.

TXFDA

Spectator
Reaction score
No you have it right, but you will soon realize this is a better idea than you think. Having played over 75 matches by now, I get killed at corn about 1 in 3 games, the last 3 in a row I have been killed, leading to this post. If I don't go to corn because fear of dying I'm left with no armor or weapons to defend myself and starving because I have no food usually leading me to quit so I don't lose points, or dying to a guy that has only a wooden sword. SO, either this would be a good implication OR balancing regular chests with corn chests would also solve my problem, the frequency of good weapons and armor at corn is too good to pass up, just to go die anyways.

That's the point though. If you go to the corn, and survive. You get the better stuff. That's how it works. There's plenty of chests out and around to keep your alive. As well as wild animals, and mushrooms if you get a bowl. Just run far away from corn. I've won one game. And that one game, I didn't go to the corn till the very end. Best bet is to just run away..hide for a bit and crouch so people don't find you as easy. Don't go to any of the obvious spots right away. And just wait around for things to cool down. Then try to be sneaky and find some hidden chests. Or just..sit and wait crouched for chests to refill. Honestly, I don't find it that hard to survive once I get out of the crowded areas. And half the fun of the game is the fight at the start.

hwracer

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I completly agree with TXFDA. If you always die at the begining, you need to find a route with a good amount of chests. Usually first day ( City Map) I have a decent amount of food and an iron sword and full leather armour.

Dentalrednasty

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Most of the time i don't get much stuff from the corn, but i manage to stay alive till the last 3 or 4 tributes...

Retardo1324

Tribute
Reaction score
TX, you cant give me pointers, I'm 300 in the leaderboards! This is only my opinion in which would make the game more fair, and fair is good! The obvious winners are the ones that camp corn day and night, and I know because that's how I win 3/4 of my matches :p

The Arena Master

Mockingjay
Reaction score
No, this seems to eliminate the "Bloodbath" at the start, which was always one of my favorite parts! :p

Retardo1324

Tribute
Reaction score
Well I thought you'd be with me on this one arena, aren't people always out to get you at the very beginning, because even at 500 points I had kids trying to kill me off the bat just for silly numbers!

The Arena Master

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Well I thought you'd be with me on this one arena, aren't people always out to get you at the very beginning, because even at 500 points I had kids trying to kill me off the bat just for silly numbers!
Well... Yeah, I guess you got me there. I get really annoyed because every game people are trying to beat me up at the start, but it still doesn't seem right. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci