• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

SG Fire charge instead of flint and steel?

MixedGrene

Platinum
Reaction score
Hi, this is my simple topic on why I think MCSG should be using fire charges instead of flint and steel in a list format.

1. It would fix the last charge flint and steel glitch.

2. You'd be able to tell the durability a lot better.

3. You could stack up on fire charges.

4. People would be using flint for arrows instead of fire placement, and that way there would be more arrows to go around.

5. If you are teaming, you can split fire charges evenly, while with flint and steel you cannot separate each charge.

6. For some hotbar setups that use more than one slot for flint and steel, with fire charges you can split them evenly for each slot (similar to #5).

There are probably even more benefits, but these are the main ones that I believe would make survival games more fun. Thank you for reading! :)

ninjow

Survivor
Reaction score
I like this, but I also like that you can craft Flint and steel

BitoBain

Career
Reaction score
This is an interesting idea, just some criticism:
  • If the developers wanted to fix the last charge of fns glitch, they would just do it rather than revamping the fns entirely.
  • Telling the durability shouldn't be difficult. There are only 4 stages: Full, 3/4, 1/2, and 1/4.
  • Having more arrows in the game isn't necessarily a good thing. If you played in V1, you know what I'm talking about.
  • Decreasing the value of flint isn't necessarily good.
  • Having a feature that encourages teaming isn't necessarily what the community wants.
Anyways, it would be cool to be able to stack it up, but I think fns is part of MCSG's history and feel. There is a lot of strategy to predicting how much fire someone has left. I think fns is fine as long as we fix the last charge glitch eventually.

AGFire2013

District 13
Reaction score
  • If the developers wanted to fix the last charge of fns glitch, they would just do it rather than revamping the fns entirely.
  • Telling the durability shouldn't be difficult. There are only 4 stages: Full, 3/4, 1/2, and 1/4.
  • Having more arrows in the game isn't necessarily a good thing. If you played in V1, you know what I'm talking about.
  • Having a feature that encourages teaming isn't necessarily what the community wants.
Anyways, it would be cool to be able to stack it up, but I think fns is part of MCSG's history and feel. There is a lot of strategy to predicting how much fire someone has left. I think fns is fine as long as we fix the last charge glitch eventually.
This.

MixedGrene

Platinum
Reaction score
I like this, but I also like that you can craft Flint and steel
Good point, but it can also be bad at times. If we still want to have the crafting element, there should be a plugin for crafting a fire charge with different materials.

S

Sepyz

I like the limited stack amount, like MineZ.
64 fire charges would be extremely overpowered, and it just makes things easier for other people.
Plus, that would stray away from the vanilla feel of MCSG, which I feel many would dislike.

MixedGrene

Platinum
Reaction score
If people don't like teaming, which I don't, and I've wanted this for years, a non-team plugin

MixedGrene

Platinum
Reaction score
I like the limited stack amount, like MineZ.
64 fire charges would be extremely overpowered, and it just makes things easier for other people.
Plus, that would stray away from the vanilla feel of MCSG, which I feel many would dislike.
Good point, thank you for the criticism.

GibbyMC

Career
Reaction score
Nice Idea, however you wouldn't be able to craft it, unless we got a plug in that uses the same crafting materials but makes a fire charge, I like the idea of being able to stack up on charges. Combining all it fns can free up inventory space

Wyz

Diamond
Reaction score
Meh I don't like it.
I like it the way it is, there are more important things to change.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci