• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

SURVIVAL GAMES SG Festival(Roughly 40% Done)

Do you think this map has potential

• Yes, but with this theme.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maybe, but you should...

• No.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LoveOliver

Spectator
Reaction score
Hello!
-Intro-
Earlier this week I started the terraforming of my new map, SG Festival. Although if the community feels this theme of map will not fit I am open to other suggestions. The name is also not set in stone. I hope to give the festival a name i.e "Fantasy Festival". If you have suggestions please leave them in the comments.

-My Goal-
With this map I hope to bring creative fun puzzles with tier 2 chests as rewards. One thing I will always do in my builds is create a great sense of atmosphere and immerse you in the map. I also hope my build style will stand out (in a good way), and be memorable. I hope to have a well balanced meta of creative well done terrain, and flat land ideal for PvP. I hope to make a map that stands the test of time, and if I'm lucky get to the point where a sequel would be enjoyed, and above all, I want to make a map that the MCSG community helped craft by their input. That way this map has what YOU want.

-Current Map Plans-
Terrain wise in this map you can expect, a large lake, with islands dotting it, a elevated area. not essentially mountains, but higher up than the rest of the map. The way I am making the terrain(for all those curious) is a rough outline done with Voxel Sniper and World Edit. I then do a light smoothing with Voxel and WE. Then finally go around and do final smoothing by hand, as plug-ins can only make things look so good. This map will 100% custom trees and other organics. As mentioned before I hope to have fun secrets and puzzles so you can always keep exploring the map. For the main attractions on the map I plan to have 1-2 music stages, a large camping area, and and area for booths/kiosks. and a medium sized parking lot, as well as other small things you would see at a music festival like a first aid tent, or a collection of Porta Potties. This map has a radios of 260. The map however, does extend past this if there is a want for a larger map. There is still a good amount of space for community ideas.
-First Edit-
Hello all, I am happy to say the map is almost screenshot worthy. I have the terrain 99% done, I just have to stop being lazy and /naturalize it. So once I do that pics will be up in both high quality and then how they would appear in game. Please leave any map ideas in the comments, and let meknow if you would like food trucks or a restaurant. Hopefully screenshots this weekend.​

-Pictures-
This will be updated once the terrain is 100% completed.
-Answers to Your Possible Questions-
1. When do you think this map will be completed?
I hope to have this map out early 2016.
2. How did you get the idea for this map?
I was watching an after movie for a Defqon1 festival, and thought it would make a cool map.
3. Who are you?
I am Oliver, I build things in Minecraft, and I do PvP as well.
4. Can I help with this map?
Sadly I am building on a locally hosted server meaning you can only join of on my wifi. However, this is my only current project, and if you would like help with your build, I am open to ideas.
5.Where do I put my ideas?
You can post them right here, or send me a message.
6. If you have any other questions, leave them here and I will answer ASAP

I will update this post every time I reach a new stage of the map.

Thanks, -Oliver

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci