• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

SG client?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shandrew82

Spectator
Reaction score
i think it would be nice to implement some sort of sg client. there are WAY too many hackers on survival games, and the mods/admins are WAY too lenient on them. I understand that most people say "omg he hax" just because they suck, but alot of the times, they ARE hacking. 99% of the time i see this and an admin is on, they just say "turn the hacks off or else". i've only seen one time someone get banned for hacking. either there needs to be some sort of detection for hacked clients/hacking mods, or admins really need to stop being so lenient. it really ruins the integrity of the game.

Kingo

Survivor
Reaction score
It's too much to ask people to download a custom client just to play on our servers. We would lose a lot of players. As for the mods being lenient... personally I never tell hackers to turn their hacks off, I just get evidence and ban them although I can't speak for others. We do our best to protect our servers from hackers. If you do see a hacker on our servers, you can always contact a mod via teamspeak.

ChadTheDJ

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Love the concept, however people will not listen and do it.

bart

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Love the concept, however people will not listen and do it.
You can make it so only players with the client can get into the server? Just like with the tekkit mod. But it's probably a lot of work to make a own client :p.

ChuckVader

Spectator
Reaction score
I completely agree that a sudden transition to an SG client would turn a lot of people off, however what if you did a trial run on one server for each game size, allow people to see the benefit of no hacks, and then transition that way.

Considering that MCSG is getting exponentially more awesome, the base MC environment is eventually going to make a client necessary to add new features anyways, no?

bobjon

Tribute
Reaction score
But people will hack the SG client as well. This wouldn't make much sense. :p

ChuckVader

Spectator
Reaction score
not exactly, a specialized client is a lot easier for staff to police automatically. i.e. any aberrations in the client = hacking. Since the MC engine is so open, i'm assuming that that is what makes policing hacking so difficult.

ikester110

Tribute
Reaction score
I have never seen a mod be lenient on a hacker, they always get the evidence they need and try and make the servers as hacker free as possible! As for a SG client its a great idea but there would have to be tests to see how it would effect the community just like ChuckVader said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci