• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Server location

Giolightning

Survivor
Reaction score
I have noticed something about these servers.
Something that happens that doesn't when i play other servers.
Ping.
I heard something about US MCSG is located in Arizona. (correct me if I'm wrong >_>)
But nonetheless in the western side in US.

Why create a thread on this? We already know!

Well heres the thing. A lot of populated states, are in the eastern side (New york, Florida) <-- are just examples.
I live in Miami which is weird that i get better connection when I'm in the CA servers rather than the country i actually live in.

Now my question is: Why is the US servers located in the western side other than the middle of the country? So it can get even connection on both sides rather than VERY good connection on one side and not so much on the other.

Also to the Owners: Is there any plans for any servers located in the eastern side of the US?

Thats it.

Moose

Platinum
Reaction score
Good question, But there is almost nothing we can do. Lol

NuJaan

Diamond
Reaction score
Whaaat? I swear US was hosted on the east coast?

Moose

Platinum
Reaction score
Please do not double post.
I am sincerely sorry. I am too focused on this Q/A session on the teamspeak and I was not using my brain. I apologize.

Mooclan

Forum God
Reaction score
US is hosted in Arizona, and CA is hosted somewhere on the East Coast of North America. If you live on the East Coast and are concerned with ping, play on CA when you can. I'm in Florida, and get a steady ~20 less ping to CA than US.
I heard somewhere that MCSG was thinking of switching or adding servers to a Dallas location? I'm not sure, so don't quote me on that.
Also, it's because the datacenter is located there. CubedHost, which is the server host that MCGamer buys servers from, has a host in these locations:

(let me know if the image fails to load.)
There's Arizona and Virginia options for US, and as it stands US MCG is hosted in Arizona. CA looks like it is hosted in Montreal, but again I don't have any confirmation on that.

Also, Miami buddies! *high five* I live near there too c: I was there earlier today.

Giolightning

Survivor
Reaction score
US is hosted in Arizona, and CA is hosted somewhere on the East Coast of North America. If you live on the East Coast and are concerned with ping, play on CA when you can. I'm in Florida, and get a steady ~20 less ping to CA than US.
I heard somewhere that MCSG was thinking of switching or adding servers to a Dallas location? I'm not sure, so don't quote me on that.
Also, it's because the datacenter is located there. CubedHost, which is the server host that MCGamer buys servers from, has a host in these locations:

(let me know if the image fails to load.)
There's Arizona and Virginia options for US, and as it stands US MCG is hosted in Arizona. CA looks like it is hosted in Montreal, but again I don't have any confirmation on that.

Also, Miami buddies! *high five* I live near there too c: I was there earlier today.
yee we be dem miami boiz.
Also its not that i dont get good ping with CA.
Its just that lately CA has been having problems with lag and crashing which forces me to play US.

Mooclan

Forum God
Reaction score
yee we be dem miami boiz.
Also its not that i dont get good ping with CA.
Its just that lately CA has been having problems with lag and crashing which forces me to play US.
Ah, yes. In the few times that I've been on there recently, it crashed at least four times in one day. :'c

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci