• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Runner stoppage?

What do you think of runners?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jorcooly

Spectator
Reaction score
I was wondering if there was away that the plugin could be coded so that if a person lands a hit on another person, said person would take damage, or another consequence, as long as they ran. This is especially annoying to me, when it is clear that i have a person beat, and they run, and run, and run. It happened to me yesterday to the point that i raged and went and got myself killed. Then, it happened today, that the person was teamed, and all i needed was 1 more hit on him, and he was dead, but no. He ran towards the center where the rest of his team killed me. I believe that it is the same as logging in this situation. I can understand running to gain a certain tactical advantage, but not running just so your teammates can kill someone else. Your teammates that were on the other side of the map prior to you being chased. I can understand if the team is together, the "ping ponging" of the chaser to kill them, or running to gain high ground, but not running for 5 minutes, just so your team can come and kill the other person. Yes, i did rage, and before they killed me, ALT+F4'ed, because this is the 5th or 6th time someone has done this to me.

The reason i bring this up, is because it is essentially the same as combat logging to avoid losing points, except that this usually ends up with both or one player at low health, and no hunger from running.

Dean

Career
Reaction score
People are going to do what they can to survive an win, it's not against the rules so I doubt it will be enforced.

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
No. That's a strategy everyone uses, and obviously you are just as bad as them (in your opinion) for battle logging!

Stijn

District 13
Reaction score
Indeed, its part of the games.
If you are almost getting killed and stood no chance you would run too >.>

Cameron1138

Tribute
Reaction score
There's absolutely nothing wrong with running. It's a perfectly legitimate, and sometimes very good, strategy, especially if you're using it to lead your attacker into a trap.

The_Soy_Man

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
What the heck? You wouldn't run if you didn't have a good weapon and were low on health?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci