• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Reward for reporting Hackers

Kinify

Platinum
Reaction score
Hey i know this might seem weird but i mean there have been a lot of hackers. We know that hackers will always hack and will never stop but more people will contribute and help for a reward. This is from personal experience.

Reporting a hacker does already give you a reward by helping the server but honestly MCSG has 3k players i would say around 400 use hacked clients. Some toggle and hide and other don't. If you would implement a reward system for reporting hackers it would be more people actually recording hackers. I mean by rewarding a player for dedicating the time to help the server would be a nice idea.

I still don't know what rewards people should receive i will leave it up the community. Comments are appreciated.

OhFancy

District 13
Reaction score
This could work too, but also increase the chance of False Reports.

As a prize, possibly if you report over 1000 players you could receive an iron donor or donor of some sort.

I don't think this will happen though.

TheOnlyChanse

Diamond
Reaction score
What do you recommend as a reward?
Maybe 1k points a confirmed hacker? There's like nothing to do with points though :p. I think Iron Donor 25 bans
EDIT:
I think dying to a hacker should reduct a game played because honestly my ratio is terrible because all the hackers and i'm pretty sure a lot of other people will like that because ratio is one of the most people care about in this server

K

KiDD

There are so many hackers...reporting a hacker is a reward in itself and I only feel that it's the only reward that will actually make me happy; if a hacker is punished. So, rewards are kind of a thing that only show your willingness to receive something rather than to help the server out and improve the player experience. It may encourage players to report more often, but in my opinion, the hacker's punishment is all that one should need.

ViolentKitten

Platinum
Reaction score
As stated above, the implementation of a reward system could potentially see a rise in falsified reports, creating frustrating and unnecessary work for the staff. Furthermore, there are other issues entailed with this, such as the additional work of distributing prizes etc.

It isnt a bad idea, but it has its complications.

masond123

Platinum
Reaction score
Maybe 1k points a confirmed hacker? There's like nothing to do with points though :p. I think Iron Donor 25 bans
The issue with this idea though, is that we are not allowed to inform any non-staff member if a user has been banned or not. Giving them a reward would notify them that a certain amount of their reports have been accepted, and we can't risk that.

ViolentKitten

Platinum
Reaction score
The issue with this idea though, is that we are not allowed to inform any non-staff member if a user has been banned or not. Giving them a reward would notify them that a certain amount of their reports have been accepted, and we can't risk that.
This. Even if this was avoided by doing something like rewarding the action of reporting (verdict aside) the system could still be compromised through unnecessary reports.

TheOnlyChanse

Diamond
Reaction score
But wasn't the clean sweep basically the same thing? Reporting the most hackers for a week rewarded iron donor. And whenever the leaderboard fixes them we can just stats that person and look at their game rank ^-^

Alex

Senior Moderator | Recruitment Team
Reaction score
This has been brought up so many times by many different people, and it has never been an idea that has been accepted. I do not think it will due to the fact that the point of doing them is to help our community out, not to get free premium.

masond123

Platinum
Reaction score
But wasn't the clean sweep basically the same thing? Reporting the most hackers for a week rewarded iron donor. And whenever the leaderboard fixes them we can just stats that person and look at their game rank ^-^
That was based on who had the most, as opposed to a set number. That way, no one knew whether or not their reports had been accepted or not.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci