• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

return to the old sign boards

Status
Not open for further replies.

patrickfalcon

Platinum
Reaction score
Recently with the new V2 i have been noticing SG servers that are in the 2,000s and I have never seen servers below 150. With the old MCSG they had the 200 servers which was completely fine, half the servers didn't even fill up. It was also easy to join servers with friends. With the new MCSG signs the amount of signs is based on the amount of servers the plug-in thinks it needs. But 2,000 is ridiculous, also with the way the signs move it difficult to join servers with friends. What do you think of the new sign boards? I personally don't like them.

powdski

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Recently with the new V2 i have been noticing SG servers that are in the 2,000s and I have never seen servers below 150. With the old MCSG they had the 200 servers which was completely fine, half the servers didn't even fill up. It was also easy to join servers with friends. With the new MCSG signs the amount of signs is based on the amount of servers the plug-in thinks it needs. But 2,000 is ridiculous, also with the way the signs move it difficult to join servers with friends. What do you think of the new sign boards? I personally don't like them.
It could be a bug they are trying to fix

Reaction score
First off, It isn't a bug(As to my knowledge) I am not sure about the following, but I am pretty sure it is correct at the same time.

This is an update called dynamic servers, where it uses the minimum servers needed for each game mode/hub. If survival games or any other game mode is full and needs another server, it will borrow it from another game mode that isn't using it. I don't know why but apparently it causes random numbering. So basically all servers in the MC Gamer network, even the hubs are randomly numbered because of this. While it may be inconvenient at the moment, you will adjust in no time.

SjsYeahKid

Platinum
Reaction score
I personally find it fine. Everything now that you might be used to has once been new to you. But you gave it the chance to get used to it. If you give the new sign system a chance, you will get used to it. It will just take some time.

Neverlast

Spectator
Reaction score
If you're having trouble joining with friends here's a tip:
Have one of your friends join and tell you the number. Then type /sever sgXX with xx being the server number.
If you already knew that, oh well. Just trying to help. :p

soggypickle

District 13
Reaction score
Hello,

This is a topic of discussion that has been brought up a lot as of late, with the new V2 update. You're not the only person who has brought this to our attention, it has been mentioned several times in the Staff Q&A as well. Allow me to go into detail about why we are using this new system.

With the V2 update, it's important to understand that we don't actually have 2000 SG servers, these are randomly generated numbers. The way it works is that a server can switch to any gametype. So, say a game of ColorZone just finished, but nobody is playing anymore. The server would then switch over to another gametype that is receiving more attention at the time, such as MCSG, and would generate itself a random number, typically in the thousands.

While this may appear to be an inconvenience at first, and difficult to adapt to, unfortunately, we have no current plans to revert back to that setup. With servers "leaving" and "arriving", getting a server board to function would be too much trouble for the developers. Don't worry though, you can still play with your friends quite easily, by adding them to a party, so they automatically warp to the servers that you join.

Since V2, a lot has changed around here. We understand it may take some time getting used to, but hopefully you'll be comfortable with it in no time. Rest assured, the developers are hard at work making sure you guys aren't disappointed with the updates. Some things are still a little unstable at the moment, but it'll all be fixed up soon.

QA;TL. Feel free to PM me if you have any further questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci