• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Restarts n Ghosts - Lag Fix

Wut?

• Yes

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • Yes, but...

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • No, but...

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

ShaunDepro

Mockingjay
Reaction score
The reason restarting existed is due to the bukkit 1.2 (or 1.3 I believe?) update causing ghosts, not just a few, but apparently there was multiple per game. I believe restarting should be removed and the ghosting fixed differently.

Restarting:
The first part of my suggestion, is to remove restarting... But, why Shaun, WHYY? Yeah restarts refresh the server, solving RAM issues, but it takes over an hour for the server to reach it's potential. Extremely frequent restarts keep it from reaching it, and I believe starting up a server hogs some more RAM.
Try PVPing on a server that's been up for 4 hours, then one that started less than 5 minutes ago - there are spikes. I good time to restart is around 6 hours, TOO long would be, around 12+ hours causes RAM issues. Maybe a bare minimum of 3 hours per restart.

Ghosts:
The event of a ghost is a LOT less common now, and there is a command put in place /gf to fix, and restarts. But I'm suggesting to removal of restarts? Now here my idea is to automatically run ghost fix every 12 minutes, or at the starting, refill and death match intervals.

Variety of Players:
Another perk of restarts someone brought up, restarts allowed different players to come in. What I'm suggesting to fix this is kick all non-priority players. This way, donators/VIPs/staff don't get hassled, and when normal players rejoin they are less likely to get kicked if they actually manage to get in, so less specific donor complaints.

Additional: With this system in place it would be possible to check previous game stats. Allowing for a next/previous/random voting system, which would also fix some complaints about repitiveness.

Please consider :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci