• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Reserved Servers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigox96

Survivor
Reaction score
It's very clear that this site isn't going anywhere soon, and people love this place. However, why not also host private games as well? I know a few private regular Minecraft servers that try to host the Hunger Games, but it just isn't the same as here. I suggest that when the site gets enough donaters and support that a few servers be bought to host private and reserved games. I'm sure everyone atleast once has run into the fact that they can't get a group of friends and play together alone without others being in their games. Or that servers they mainly play on try to host Hunger Games, but couldn't exactly get the game to be fair like on these servers. I suggest that people be able to reserve private servers so that people can play alone or Minecraft servers can have their Hunger Games game hosted here for their players. The only problem I see is the constant need for a mod or admin to keep reserved games moving along, and the fact that private games would most definitely have to be paid for somehow. But I think that we the community can put our heads together and come up with solutions so good features we all support would get implemented for yourself and others to enjoy. Thank you.

B

bigmike4life

This would be ALOT of work not just for chad but for the whole staff. I dont see this happening anytime soon.

Haydenw37

Survivor
Reaction score
If you want to play with a group of friends i would suggest going online at times that are low traffic, for me thats sometime after 12:00pm (noon) because this is when the majority of the US and EU players are sleeping. If staying up extremely late is not an option, maybe all of you could donate to enable yourselves to kick 'free' players from any game. The idea has already kinda been implemented over the past couple of weeks, where inthelittlewood organised several games with Chadthedj and other Minecraft celebrities and took up 1 or 2 servers for the duration of their games. this was effectively 'reserving' a server...

ChadTheDJ

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I never thought bout "renting" private servers for like a day, but it's an idea....

bigox96

Survivor
Reaction score
If you want to play with a group of friends i would suggest going online at times that are low traffic, for me thats sometime after 12:00pm (noon) because this is when the majority of the US and EU players are sleeping. If staying up extremely late is not an option, maybe all of you could donate to enable yourselves to kick 'free' players from any game. The idea has already kinda been implemented over the past couple of weeks, where inthelittlewood organised several games with Chadthedj and other Minecraft celebrities and took up 1 or 2 servers for the duration of their games. this was effectively 'reserving' a server...
Problem is that 1. I have school during low hours and sleep during them too. 2. People I play with are in Europe so times to match up. 3. Other servers try to do this but aren't exactly up to par with the rules and keeping the game fair like here. So I stand with my suggestion, plus I don't have a credit card or debit to pay with for donator, unless Chad takes hard cold cash through postal mail.

Haydenw37

Survivor
Reaction score
If you can't pay Chad for donor status, you wouldn't be able to pay him to rent his server for the day... i doubt he'd let a whole server go for free but he might still idk.
Problem is that 1. I have school during low hours and sleep during them too. 2. People I play with are in Europe so times to match up. 3. Other servers try to do this but aren't exactly up to par with the rules and keeping the game fair like here. So I stand with my suggestion, plus I don't have a credit card or debit to pay with for donator, unless Chad takes hard cold cash through postal mail.
I play with a friend over in America and we sometimes have issues getting 2 spots free on a server, it can be hard but i put up with the wait because i'd rather play on a full server during 'peak hour' than one half full at a time more suited to me (we generally play at about 7:00am AEST [which is GMT + 10 i think] as this allows him to get home from school, while i've got the day off from uni)
Perhaps a solution to this is to have some kind of queuing system put in place, so you can 'join' a server as soon as places become available. Not sure how it would help you get all your friends in but its the best solution i can come up with...

bigox96

Survivor
Reaction score
If you can't pay Chad for donor status, you wouldn't be able to pay him to rent his server for the day... i doubt he'd let a whole server go for free but he might still idk.

I play with a friend over in America and we sometimes have issues getting 2 spots free on a server, it can be hard but i put up with the wait because i'd rather play on a full server during 'peak hour' than one half full at a time more suited to me (we generally play at about 7:00am AEST [which is GMT + 10 i think] as this allows him to get home from school, while i've got the day off from uni)
Perhaps a solution to this is to have some kind of queuing system put in place, so you can 'join' a server as soon as places become available. Not sure how it would help you get all your friends in but its the best solution i can come up with...
Well I'm not the one who wants to rent a private server, but I'm sure others would be and throw that out there as a suggestion. Not all suggestions are brought up because one person just wants it but as a way to help others as well. And like I said before other Minecraft servers try to host this, but not as well as here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci