• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

/reqop Command

Interwebs

Spectator
Reaction score
Due to the unfortunately large amount of hackers, I think a command that would allow staff to find and punish rule breakers without the need for sometimes annoying reports. This is my idea for the /reqop (request operator) command: Say you are playing MCSG, and you see someone walking on water with no-knockback. You would then do /reqop and it would alert a staff member that there was help needed on whatever server. They could then join the server, and do what they are supposed to.

Obviously there are changes that could be made to the command. For example, you could give a short description of the problem along with the command (/reqop There is a hacker named "playername" in this game). There should also be a punishment of someone was just using the command to screw with staff. And it would open up the possibility of spam. But I still think It would me a good addition to the servers.

Keno

Experienced
Reaction score
This sounds like a really neat idea, I would like to see how Sr. Staff would react to this kind of feature suggestion.

However, I am doubtful of it's implementation because of MCGamer Network's sheer size. It would truly become 'spam-ful' if any online Moderators and above were constantly shown a message in their chat about a new ticket generated from reqop. Also, the chances of abuse would be so high it would probably be incredible.

None the less, this sounds like a truly great idea with a LOT of room to expand. I'd like to see where it goes.

+1 as a vote :p

Last edited:

MoLoToV

Platinum
Reaction score
This has been suggested a few times before, but the reason it hasn't been implented is because it would be abused to much

Interwebs

Spectator
Reaction score
I have a new idea that might help the command a lot. The command could have a 30 minute timer so someone can't just spam. Just another idea.

FireRedcoats

Diamond
Reaction score
Even if there is a timer, there will be a lot of it. I don't think most of the moderators will check them as there are no specific evidence that the user is hacking. So personally, I think it will not be a good idea.

Reaction score
I truly think this idea deserves some publicty and is a great suggestion and has been suggested many times, but it's perfectly fine :D

But, as other players of this community have said it would be abused so much, if your confused let me elaborate.

Say your in a game and you find a hacker, then request a op with the command /reqop, the staff member joins and deals with the hacker, now that's a good side of this but sadly there's always a flaw to every idea.

This will be the next thing after "Hackers" this will be the next thing that would be dealt with accordingling to hacking, people could try and be funny and mess about and can just abuss it so much and just spam, which would make, not only the staff annoyed but the server it self would be able to comprehend the amount of commands being dealt at the same time.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci