• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Reporting System.

Status
Not open for further replies.

vduuude

Spectator
Reaction score
I think it would be a great idea if there was a global reporting system. There could be 2 types of reports. One, where you have evidence, and one where you don't have real evidence. For the type of report that has no evidence, it should go on the players record so that if multiple people report that player, then it will notify the mods who can then have a look. I think this is much better than using the forum, because some people don't want to take the time to create an account, make a youtube, and export/upload their video. Then, they can just report the player without evidence.

Michal05710k

Survivor
Reaction score
Yea, that's a pretty cool idea, think they should that it into mind :D

M3rsh

Experienced
Reaction score
I see too many situations where this could go wrong.

Let's say there's a clan battle or something along the lines of that. Members can then either a) submit reports on the other team to get them targetted or b) submit hacking reports on each other so that people stay away from them.

Also, reporting someone without evidence is as easy as going to the hub or on TS and telling a mod that someone seems suspicious.

Last edited:

Miner9823

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I think they have already implemented this /report system.
I'm not sure though, don't take my word for it. c:

Nephilim

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I think they have already implemented this /report system.
I'm not sure though, don't take my word for it. c:
If you type /report in game, it will only give you the links where and how you can report someone for breaking the rules, same goes for the /apply command. So it does not put them on a separate list with suspicious players.

It would be a good idea in theory, but I do not see it being realized yet. People could spam report a certain player because they dislike them or if they really want to see them removed from the servers. Kind of similar to spamming modreqs in Creative. And like mentioned before, you can always go look for a moderator in the hub (*hint US hub 8 hint*) or poke one of us on the TeamSpeak server (ts.mcgamer.net). :)

Michal05710k

Survivor
Reaction score
Hmmm yea that's true.
It wouldn't work out in most cases and people would just use it to spam etc..

Tenebrous

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
this entire concept is my downfall fml everyone thinks i hack

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member