• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

/report command

Matt0808

Career
Reaction score
I think a /report command would be a great idea, allowing staff to keep an eye on the user reported.

Command: /r <username> <reason>
/report <username> <reason>

This command would have a one and a half minute cooldown time to stop people spamming staff members.

What it does: If typed, a message saying something around the lines of <username> has reported <username> for <reason> will appear on the screen of all staff that are currently online at the time.

The_Soy_Man

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Yeah, but there would be no way of showing proof they were doing something

Reaction score
Meh, in a world with no trolls it would work, but honestly I'd end up using it a bit too much also.

R

RedSeamonster

This has been suggested before, but again the issue of abuse comes up. Many people "rage" after dying, and this usually consists of the player shouting "HACKS" at the player who killed them. If this was implemented, this shout will be complimented by a spamming of /report and such. For now, I suggest you just stick to recording and reporting players in some way shape or form, a guide to which you can find here.

Valethar

Career
Reaction score
Exactly what Red said.

People call hacks and would report people on the spot without any evidence if they died. Go into a game and you'll likely see at least one person call hacks falsely on a person who killed them. Heck, people even call hacks when someone has a diamond sword.

I'm sorry but this command won't be implemented.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci