• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Recording Software?

Status
Not open for further replies.

powdski

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I am trying to look for a good recorder that doesn't lag. I would use Fraps, but my dpi shoots upward. If you know a fix please tell below.

Exequtive

Tribute
Reaction score
Mirilis Action (not sure If i spelt correctly) Best recording software, has ton f options and has no lag

Mooclan

Forum God
Reaction score
For a Windows computer, I there are three different programs that stand out:

FRAPS - $37 USD
FRAPS is most likely the best-known screen/game recording program.
There is a trial version which allows you to record for 30 seconds and leaves a watermark.
The full version costs $37 USD, and removes the length cap and watermark.
It has one large downfall - you need a good computer to run it. Seeing as you're getting 30-40 FPS, FRAPS is definitely not the program that is suited for you.
FRAPS will automatically lock your FPS at what it deems to be a stable FPS - on my old computer which could easily get 60 FPS, FRAPS locked my FPS at 20. On my new computer which virtually never drops below 250 FPS, FRAPS locked my FPS at 90.

Dxtory - Price unknown, but definitely above $30.
This program is also very good, but is slightly less resource intensive, meaning it's easier to run on a not-very-good computer.
It has many more options and settings that you can play with, but those settings can make it a bit confusing at first. If you plan on using Dxtory, make sure that you download, install, and use something called "Lagarith Lossless Codec". You can Google search it, and find a YouTube tutorial.
While it is not as resource-intensive as FRAPS, you still need a fairly good computer (60+ FPS) to use. Dxtory can also lock your FPS, but is not as strict as FRAPS.

Open Broadcaster Software - Free
Also called OBS, this program is probably the least laggy out of the programs listed. It is decently configurable, but what makes it stand apart from the rest is its price (or lack thereof), the fact that you can record different Scenes and Sources, and it's capability to livestream to websites like Twitch.TV.

For your purposes, I would recommend using Open Broadcaster Software. Free, the least laggy, and highly adjustable.
https://obsproject.com/

Also, what do you mean by DPI? Your mouse sensitivity?

N

nobot28

For a Windows computer, I there are three different programs that stand out:

FRAPS - $37 USD
FRAPS is most likely the best-known screen/game recording program.
There is a trial version which allows you to record for 30 seconds and leaves a watermark.
The full version costs $37 USD, and removes the length cap and watermark.
It has one large downfall - you need a good computer to run it. Seeing as you're getting 30-40 FPS, FRAPS is definitely not the program that is suited for you.
FRAPS will automatically lock your FPS at what it deems to be a stable FPS - on my old computer which could easily get 60 FPS, FRAPS locked my FPS at 20. On my new computer which virtually never drops below 250 FPS, FRAPS locked my FPS at 90.

Dxtory - Price unknown, but definitely above $30.
This program is also very good, but is slightly less resource intensive, meaning it's easier to run on a not-very-good computer.
It has many more options and settings that you can play with, but those settings can make it a bit confusing at first. If you plan on using Dxtory, make sure that you download, install, and use something called "Lagarith Lossless Codec". You can Google search it, and find a YouTube tutorial.
While it is not as resource-intensive as FRAPS, you still need a fairly good computer (60+ FPS) to use. Dxtory can also lock your FPS, but is not as strict as FRAPS.

Open Broadcaster Software - Free
Also called OBS, this program is probably the least laggy out of the programs listed. It is decently configurable, but what makes it stand apart from the rest is its price (or lack thereof), the fact that you can record different Scenes and Sources, and it's capability to livestream to websites like Twitch.TV.

For your purposes, I would recommend using Open Broadcaster Software. Free, the least laggy, and highly adjustable.
https://obsproject.com/

Also, what do you mean by DPI? Your mouse sensitivity?
HOLY CRAP THE TIME YOU PUT IN TO YOUR POST

on topic: obs is the best as everyone above said also mooseclan pretty sure dxtory is like 35-50 bucks

Mooclan

Forum God
Reaction score
HOLY CRAP THE TIME YOU PUT IN TO YOUR POST

on topic: obs is the best as everyone above said also mooseclan pretty sure dxtory is like 35-50 bucks
I copied and pasted almost the entire thing from another post that I made.
It'd really help if people searched for similar threads before making their own.

Scott

District 13
Reaction score
Thread locked for the following reason(s):
  • Question answered
Please DM me if you have any further questions and/or concerns. Have a nice day! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci