• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Re-balancing the Second Map

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShankTheNinja

Spectator
Reaction score
Honestly I love both of the map's layouts, but I have to prefer the first because of the fact that items are balanced. This leads to more skillful gameplay and doesn't leave one or two players with an abundance of armor, food, and weapons while everyone else is scraping by. Never once have I encountered anything but leather armor outside the Corn on Map 2. Let me give some examples...

Map 1: At the Corn, you will find every type of item. Yes, you will probably walk away with a full set of leather armor and an iron sword. But that's because it is the single most important location on the map. However, if you run around the outskirts of the map you can usually slowly accumulate whatever goodies the Cornucopia's holder can get in one refill and have a fighting chance at the deathmatch.

Map 2: The Cornucopia is the only place where you can get above-leather armor, and diamonds. In the outer-chests you are left with leather armor and a few iron ingots if you are lucky. When I am fortunate enough to gain control of the Corn, I find I have an over whelming amount of iron and chain-mail armor that I end up throwing in the nearest pit of lava I can find. Usually the deathmatches on Map 2 will consist of a fully iron armored tribute with a diamond sword, while the other tribute has a few pieces of leather armor and an iron sword. These are not even remotely fair odds...

I simply propose that in the second map, armor is distributed a bit more evenly. Give the other chests a chance to spawn iron or chain-mail armor instead of the usual sticks and fish -_-
I can agree with the idea that diamonds only spawn at the Corn, as that justifies trying to claim it for yourself and/or teammates.

TL;DR Make iron and chain-mail armor spawn in the non-Cornucopia chests on Map 2 pleaseeeee? :D

Firedog150

Career
Reaction score
I actually kind of agree. However I am split.

1) I love the fact that the first map is how you describe it, and is fair and you can slowly accumulate everything.

2) I like how you can become very powerful from the second map.

If I had to choose though I would go on the first option just because it would be more even and depend more on skill and tactics rather than luck of the chests.

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
I like the idea. In fact, love it, just because you said diamonds would only spawn at the Cornucopia :) Everyone says everything should spawn at a low chance in the normal chests, and then I reply saying I agree but diamonds should only be at the corn. I think this is a great idea, but the chances still have to be quite low of gold + armour spawning in the normal chests around the map.

GoldXD

Spectator
Reaction score
I agree, if you try going solo on map 2, you doomed yourself, because there is always a team that camps the corn. Im almost positive that in the last livestream Chad said that he knows the corn on map 2 is over powered and they will be balancing it

Dentalrednasty

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I just got my first victory on map 2, played solo.. :)
So its not impossible to win solo on map 2

Kiko

Tribute
Reaction score
I always win solo on the maps, I just go hunting for chests and then I'm ready.

ShankTheNinja

Spectator
Reaction score
It is definitely not impossible to go solo on Map 2. But the best strategy always seems to be, "Run out of Corn, get a stone sword and a few pieces of armor, run back to Corn and camp until refill." Some people don't even do that much to win. Plenty of times I've seen a person or team win the Cornucopia at the start, then stay there the entire match. Not all that exciting or challenging.

And if what you say is true GoldXD, then the games are about to get 10x better :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci