• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Random Chest Tiering

Have a set of servers with randomly tiered chests?

• Aw Yeah! Let's do this!

• Nah...The servers are fine just the way they are.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Reaction score
I know the majority of the people are probably gonna hate on me, but I think it would be pretty cool if MCSG had a few set of servers with randomly tiered chests. There would be a fixed numbered of tier 1 chests and tier 2 chests, with the same set of maps as the regular servers. At the start of each Survival Games, the server would randomly tier and place items in random chests. As far as the tier 2 chests you get by parkour, or those puzzles, we could leave those tier 2. Once again, I am not saying all the servers should have randomly tiered chests, I am saying that maybe a few set of servers should be randomly tiered. What do you guys think? Yay or Nay?

Last edited:

Miner9823

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
In a way, your proposition does seem somewhat unclear, but I still understand what you are going at. c:
The chests are indeed tiered, no duh, and they are usually scattered around the map. And your proposition is to randomly tier the chests, so every game played, the tier of a specific chest would be altered to a different one, which does seem interesting because it could cause a lot of people to look for different places for better loot instead of following one route, hence meaning that it would rely on sheer luck to get decent chests.

However, I would have to unfortunately disagree as there are some pretty crazy traps and parkours throughout some maps that involve some incredible amounts of loot, and randomizing it will cause the player to think that all the effort was for nothing if they find out it were to be a tier 1 chest.

But since you have referred to "A few set of servers", I would say, I agree upon it, as it could definitely be for people who wish to gamble on their luck, while others will wish to continue their normal map routes to victory. So I would think this proposition should definitely be well acknowledged, and I hope they could actually implement it. That is unless the administrators and developers are ok with it. :)

Reaction score
In a way, your proposition does seem somewhat unclear, but I still understand what you are going at. c:
The chests are indeed tiered, no duh, and they are usually scattered around the map. And your proposition is to randomly tier the chests, so every game played, the tier of a specific chest would be altered to a different one, which does seem interesting because it could cause a lot of people to look for different places for better loot instead of following one route, hence meaning that it would rely on sheer luck to get decent chests.

However, I would have to unfortunately disagree as there are some pretty crazy traps and parkours throughout some maps that involve some incredible amounts of loot, and randomizing it will cause the player to think that all the effort was for nothing if they find out it were to be a tier 1 chest.

But since you have referred to "A few set of servers", I would say, I agree upon it, as it could definitely be for people who wish to gamble on their luck, while others will wish to continue their normal map routes to victory. So I would think this proposition should definitely be well acknowledged, and I hope they could actually implement it. That is unless the administrators and developers are ok with it. :)
Haha you got what I was trying to say. I forgot about the traps & parkour which typically lead to tier 2 chests. How about we leave those ones tier 2. I am updating the suggestion of my description

Miner9823

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Haha you got what I was trying to say. I forgot about the traps & parkour which typically lead to tier 2 chests. How about we leave those ones tier 2. I am updating the suggestion of my description
You don't necessarily have to update your suggestion. c:
But remember when you said "A few set of servers"? By that I know you would mean that some servers can have this suggested implemented while others don't. Meaning that those who wish to gamble their luck with tier two chests can go straight ahead and go for the servers that differ the tier 2 chests. Or...
There could be another second voting system to where people can vote which type of game they want. "Luck mode"? or "Default mode".

Meaning luck mode would be your suggestion. :D

Fancypants6000

Survivor
Reaction score
I understand what you are trying to say, but than if that happened, than there would be a lot of negative outcomes. Firstly, tier two chests are generally hidden, and that is what makes them tier two, they are annoying to find, but hold a lot of rewards. Also a lot of tier twos have traps, or dangerous lava parkour to access them. If you go through all that, just to get a double tier one, that would be annoying. Secondly, a lot of people who memorized tier two chest routes would not have use for them, and the whole lobby would walk around aimlessly, never knowing where to go. I honestly like the way it is.

Mooclan

Forum God
Reaction score
I'm not entirely clear on the suggestion, but I think I understand the majority of it.
I, personally, am a bit iffy on the exact suggestion, but I do think that a similar system would give much-needed variation to the games, so here's a personal spin on it:

First of all, the current amount of loot that can be gained from a single tier 2 is slightly lowered - just the quantity of stuff, like diamonds and other valuable objects are a little bit more rare.
However, to offset this, a certain percentage (Or other portion amount) of the tier 1 chests are randomly turned into tier 2 chests. These will be random, and change every game. However, the amount of consistent tier 2 chests will be the same.

The purpose:
"OP" chest routes will be slightly less powerful, and many of them will become longer or more complicated in order to include tier 1 chests.
New players without chest routes will have a better chance of getting more powerful items.
Due to the less-valuable, but more abundant, tier 2 chests, the amount of "tier 2" level items available on the map will remain the same, but will be more fairly distributed among the players.

Reaction score
I understand what you are trying to say, but than if that happened, than there would be a lot of negative outcomes. Firstly, tier two chests are generally hidden, and that is what makes them tier two, they are annoying to find, but hold a lot of rewards. Also a lot of tier twos have traps, or dangerous lava parkour to access them. If you go through all that, just to get a double tier one, that would be annoying. Secondly, a lot of people who memorized tier two chest routes would not have use for them, and the whole lobby would walk around aimlessly, never knowing where to go. I honestly like the way it is.
Like I said, the ones with the puzzles & parkour traps will remain tier 2's. Having a randomized tier 2 system would make it a lot harder to find tier 2's in general since you wouldn't know where to go. But none the less you do have some valid points :p

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci