• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Raffle Voting

MyrkrBrandr

Career
Reaction score
As you all know, with V2 the raffle voting was removed :((( I don't see any reason why it was taken away. Personally I loved it!! I have played like 8 games today, 5 of which were on Alaskan village. Now that I think of it... The only maps i have played today are SG4 and Alaskan. Any clarification to why raffle is gone?

Zauron

Survivor
Reaction score
The raffle gave a variety to maps that were played, but a lot of people didn't like how one person voted for a certain map and although it had a very little chance of getting picked because 23 others voted for a more popular map such as SG4 or Alaskan it sometimes did. So I guess that is why it was removed?

Ephizav2

Diamond
Reaction score
IT WENT AWAY LAST TIME I PLAYED V2

edit: Thought this was a thread complaining about raffle, personally I hated it, since if i was wanting to play a quick SG4 game, and the map is SG1 or some other BS. And then, I have to leave, join another game, and then hope to god that map is voted. Not counting the time it takes to find a server with good maps.

Reaction score
I personally loved the raffle voting and am completely with you on this. MCSG has gotten so repetitive without raffle voting in fact since MCGamer V2 coming out I can't remember playing a map other than Alaskan Village, Valleyside University, Zone 85, SG4, or SG Highway. Even though it was a little annoying when 1 person voted for Remnant or something like that it added variety and also made you appreciate the more popular and less laggy maps. Also the whole one person voting for a map and it getting picked was (in my experience) very rare to happen. One last thing I have to say is that last time I saw the poll for raffle voting more people wanted it more than people who wanted it removed.

AlgerWaterlow

Platinum
Reaction score
I loved raffle voting and thought it made things way more equal for non-donors. There will be consequences if MCGamer doesn't bring it back.

BitoBain

Career
Reaction score
They said 'popular demand'

but what if demand is not popular? -___ -
This is the only thing I'm a little ticked off about...

They say it was removed due to popular demand, but the poll clearly states that 56% of people enjoyed it, and most of those votes were probably cast at the beginning, when people were frustrated with the new changes.

I'm puzzled and I am curious as to why it was removed. If an administrator or developer could explain a little more, that would be much appreciated.
The raffle gave a variety to maps that were played, but a lot of people didn't like how one person voted for a certain map and although it had a very little chance of getting picked because 23 others voted for a more popular map such as SG4 or Alaskan it sometimes did. So I guess that is why it was removed?
That argument is about as old as the wheel at this point, haha. People act like the randy with one vote won their map every time, when it actually happens only every 1/total votes.

The way many have come to see it is that Raffle Voting was more liked by people who had more voting power. Most green beans liked it, while most members in the clan community found it disruptive. It reduced the power of the donors to overpower the system.

Either way, I doubt it will be changed back at this point. It would look bad to change the voting system again.

Last edited:

AlgerWaterlow

Platinum
Reaction score
This is the only thing I'm a little ticked off about...

They say it was removed due to popular demand, but the poll clearly states that 56% of people enjoyed it, and most of those votes were probably cast at the beginning, when people were frustrated with the new changes.
The senior staff can't even math. The devs don't do statistics; only comp ops math. It was a recipe for disaster. >.>

Ava reinstate raffle voting or I'll make you eat my sock at the next MCGamer meetup (and I have an eidetic memory).

This is also why I suggested MCGamer hire a marketing manager. Did you listen to me? NO!

Last edited:

Electrix

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I really hope they bring it back. It's annoying getting SG4 and Alaskan Village (Which I don't like as a PvP map btw) every time. People hardly even give the new maps a chance, and I know that Par 72 is amazing from videos. However, the community makes it so that I can't play it.

Ephizav2

Diamond
Reaction score
I really hope they bring it back. It's annoying getting SG4 and Alaskan Village (Which I don't like as a PvP map btw) every time. People hardly even give the new maps a chance, and I know that Par 72 is amazing from videos. However, the community makes it so that I can't play it.
Join a lobby with people who don't tryhard, and you can play the maps you want. Also, would recommend buying diamond/platinum in the christmas sale coming up.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci