• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Problems with Memory

Who's having this problem?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bloodscorpion12

Spectator
Reaction score
I don't know if its just me, but the spawn in particular makes my memory crash

I have my allocated memory set to 1 gigabyte, Just wondering if anyone else has this problem as it usually causes me to miss out on games
My suggestion is removing a lot of the scenic skyscrapers out the windows (i know, Big ask ;) ) as im assuming this is the problem

Bloodscorpion12

Haydenw37

Survivor
Reaction score
i also have this issue, but the noly thing i can suggest is adding Optifine to your client and shutting down background programs to help free up disk space.
i don't think they should alter the map, because it won't make a difference to how fast it loads since a chunk is the whole section from sky limit to bedrock. whats probably causing the lag is the amount of traffic the computer is receiving, given you have at most 48 people running in different directions at the same time. I've played on vanilla SMP servers with 6 people and we had a bit of lag, so imagine what 8 times that amount of people will have on your connection!
its just one of Minecrafts charms i think, something we as a community need to talk about and sort out the ways to deal with it...

Sentaul

Tribute
Reaction score
It might help if you force Minecraft to use 64-bit java instead of 32-bit.
Also, wrong section

Nistune

Tribute
Reaction score

ChadTheDJ

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
This new map has a lot of detail which can crash your client easily if you don't have a decent computer.

Bloodscorpion12

Spectator
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies
i have had some success putting my render distance to tiny, but still had some crashes
I also tried Optifine, which has worked amazingly.

Thanks
Bloodscorpion12

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci