• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Possible Moderating Tool Suggestion?

What do you think?

• Great idea, would love to use it!

Votes: 14 93.3%
  • Eh, it's ok. I wouldn't use it but I know other's would.

Votes: 1 6.7%

• Total voters
D

DJMaestro12

I was just thinking about hackers, and one thing came to mind: "Wouldn't it be so much easier to see through the eyes of a suspected hacker?" It would be a lot easier to see snaps and sprint hacks. I suck at java coding let alone C++, so I thought it might be a good idea to just post it here.

Used when someone is in spectator, you would press RCtrl, and the tab box would come up. Click on the player you want to spectate and 'BAM!' you're looking through the eyes of a suspected cheater. The camera used would face out, so when a player turns their head, yours would too. When they open a chest you would be able to see what's in it, to check their inventory press 'E'. To return to normal free flying, double tap RCtrl.

It's up to anyone who wants to attempt to code this if they want to put it in the server or use it as a mod for a client. Personally, I would think it would be a lot easier to use if it was coded as a plugin. Maybe open to the public, but if you wanted to you could just keep it to staff members. Also, instead of pressing RCtrl you could type a command like '/watch DJMaestro12'.

Edit: Whoops, I forgot to add in other poll options. Oh well. :)

P.S. This was inspired by a tool I use to moderate a game called 'Ace of Spades 0.75'. Thanks to topo, BR, and GreaseMonkey who originally coded the tool. (It was called ovl075)

L

Lululioness

I don't know how hard this would be to code but it might just work...

ShaunDepro

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I used to develop a custom client for a server for moderators to use for another server.

It would be quite cool if the developers here could combine a client modification to become insync with the server database allowing it to pull out information about fractures and allowing quick and efficent moderating abilities otherwise controlled by commands. And it could display fractures upon previous rule-breakers heads if enabled, etc, etc. It would be awesome to have. :)

DatPikachu

District 13
Reaction score
He might need to make sure its a good idea before they start on it

Mc_Fails

Survivor
Reaction score
I don't see how this could show if someone was using sprint mods.

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
There are already plugins existing that can do exactly this, but since as of yet MCSG has always wanted to add to their own plugin instead of adding more to their collection of plugins, they would probably have to go through the effort of doing it. Of course, since it already exists, it obviously is possible and doesn't seem that hard.

D

DJMaestro12

I don't see how this could show if someone was using sprint mods.
If the server could modify your FOV when someone is sprinting you'd be able to tell. Their FOV would always be higher and would never change. ;)

tom00117

Career
Reaction score
not good if you can see the chests or their items..
You could just tell your friend who's not dead

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci