• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Possible Improved Version of Donor

Boboaluitz

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
We all know how donor works right now: You buy it for a month, and the time and days tick away. When it comes to the end of the month of time, it's gone.

I'm going to suggest what I think could be a better method for use of donor.

Instead of dividing donor by real life time (months) increments, we would divide it by in-game time spent. That would mean instead of buying donor for a month, you'd buy it for a week (or 5 days/120 hours) of in-game playtime, or some other amount of time (probably lower, 120 hours is a long time).

This would mean that people who don't frequently play at a string of time would be able to efficiently use donor. Also, people who have vacations or things frequently would be able to play on their own time, without having to spend a lot of money on donor.

You could have donor for a year if you don't really play that much.

The bad thing is that this might reduce income for MCSG, just for the lack of people buying donor. This may, however encourage more people to buy donor, as people who would regularly not due to time constraints would suddenly be able to possess donor without much waste.

Thinking of rates, I think $5 per 24 hours of ingame time would be effective.

That would mean you could buy 4 days of gameplay for $20.

If you buy in bulk, maybe it could be reduced cost. Such as 3 weeks of ingame (about as much as the top players on the leaderboards have played), costing $105, would instead be in the range of $80-$100.

Spectating, however, would be a problem. Would the time drain as spectator or in lobby? Or would time only drain for being in game, playing as a tribute...

Converse and tell your opinions!

Dusk

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Yes, instead of days, it should be replaced with in-game time spent! :)

For instance, I go for vacation for 3 months and I buy 3 month iron donor and when I get back...

*facepalm*

Boboaluitz

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Naah
Stay with what we've got.
If it aint broke, don't fix it. :p
But... the people who are gone. This system would make a lot of peoples lives easier. Not that its broken, more of it is not very effective.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci