• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Poll Suggestion.

MJM239

District 13
Reaction score
I'm not sure if this has already been suggested or what not, but when it comes to polls, I only have one problem with them. Here's my suggestion:
----------------------------------------------------

Why not make it so when you vote, you can't see other people's votes, even after you vote?

Let's say a player joins a game and finds a new poll to vote on, he does /poll, and sees this:

*random question*

1> 1,173 votes < Yes.
2> 9,001 votes. < No.

Now, knowing some people and how they vote, most players would just vote for the winning side, so they get some pride in knowing that their vote got cast for the winning team. This kind of ruins the whole purpose of voting, because instead of voting for what you think would be best for the servers, you're just sitting back and going with what everybody else thinks. So to prevent this, why not make it so when you vote, you can't see other people's votes, even after you vote?

How this would improve voting:

- Making the votes hidden to the public would make it so where people would vote on what they think would go best for the servers, and GREATLY reduce the amount of people voting, just to vote for the winning side.

- Having the votes unreadable after you vote, would make it so where people couldn't cheat the system and spam in chat which side is winning.

- Would reduce almost near to unanimous votes.

This system overall would make the votes that the ingame community cast a little more legit, and in my opinion would please a lot of the community as a whole.

Post what you think of this below, and thanks for taking the time to read. :)

Mj

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci