• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Status
Not open for further replies.

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
At the moment I think you only get your points if you win the game, or if you disconnect/suicide during the game. I think it should be different so the other people that do well also get some of their hard-earned points. Here is what I thought

Winning!: Full points for all your kills, maybe a couple extra for winning
DeathMatch Loser: 3/4 of the points they earned. (minus the amount they lost for dying)
3-5th last Tributes: 1/2 or 1/3 of the points they earned. (minus the amount they lost for dying)
The rest just lose their points.

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
Bump. Please Reply. Sorry for spamming, just no one has commented on this yet.

LightRod

Spectator
Reaction score
I'll be the first to comment on this idea

I like the idea, but the excecution wouldnt be great
Here's what I think
The first kill you make, you get 1 point PLUS 5% rounded down of the total points for the person you killed
The second, you get 2 points '' ''
The thirs, 3 '' ''
When you die, you lose 5% rounded up of your total points MINUS the points you gained
If you make it to the deathmatch or top 5, your points that you earned during the match are doubled
If you win in the deathmatch, you get 10 points PLUS 5% of the other players points
If you lose in the deathmatch, you only lose half the points you accumulated

Here's an example

12 player game. Everyone has 100 points, except Chad, who has 300 and Notch, who has 1000
When the game starts, Notch kills 4 players, so he earns (5% of 100)+1, (5% of 100)+2... total 30 points. Notch now has 1030 points
Chad, however got slain by a regular player, so the points work out by (5% of 300)+1 = 16 points. The player now has 16 points. He then kills Notch (totally unrealistic btw). The player now gets (5% of 1030 rounded =65)+2. Now, the player has earned 83 points. All the other players are killed by another godly player, who earns 40 points over his killing spree. Now it's deathmatch time. It's the player with 83 vs 40. The player with 83 loses. He earns half of those 83, so 41 points. When he gets to the next match, he has 141 points. The other player earns (5% of 183[9])+6+10, so 25 from the deathamatch. He enters the next match with 165 points.
Now let's not forget about Notch. He made 4 kills, equalling 30 points. He then died, so he lost 65 points. Because of that, in reality he only lost 35 points, so it wasnt too bad for him. This method also means that point grinding is extremely hard, as a team of 12 working to win cannot earn more than 50 points in reality without the other members also losing 50 in total.

It's complex, but it would probably work.

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
That's not a bad idea. But maybe it can be done so that the kill points restart every night (so you start back from +1 for the kill). You still keep the points you got the first day, but you have to restart your streak when the sponsor refill comes.
Does your idea continue after third kill? I think it should go up to 5 at least maybe 10 at most.

jefeperro

Diamond
Reaction score
Points do not affect your ranking....
Just go for the victory... stop caring about the points...
The system is.... wack, for lack of a better term.
No one likes it.
Certain people log off when they start to get attacked (i.e. OMGjustin, the_arena_master, IMkiko) these people have a few thousand points but have lost out on countless victories because they are afraid to lose a few points...
I stopped caring about points along time ago and I'm now on top of the leaderboard :)

Have faith in Chad and the mods and maybe after the beta the points system will make sense...

What I am trying to say is don't lose sleep over your mcsg points.

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
I'm competitive with this sort of thing, so I like keeping my points. I don't want to lose 50 points for being killed, when I only have enough 50s to lose a couple games. When Chad and the mods fix the point system, then I will stop leaving in a battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci