• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Ping Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Labrdr_

Spectator
Reaction score
From the infographic given by the MCGamer Network there appears to be 4 total servers, 2 in the US, one in Europe, one in Australia.

As I live in the United States, I've been connecting to us.mcgamer.net. There appears to be one server on the West Coast and one server somewhere near Chicago. However, whenever I join I seem to always get 125-350 ping. I'm assuming it automatically connects me to the West Coast server considering when I join other servers hosted near the Chicago area I get 50-75 ping.

My question is; is there any way to specifically connect to the Chicago server? Is there a different IP?

A

Axel | PlazaGames

Hello there!

I am quite sure there is 1 MCGamer server in the US and 1 in Canada.

The Canada server, which is called CA, was closed not so long ago, as it wasn't necessary.

Vigilo

Kellyys

District 13
Reaction score
There is no two hosts on the US. The reason it appeared as two is because the person who made the art you posted there made that when the CA server host was still up on New York Unfortunately they took it down because they wanted to concentrate more on improving other regions.

The US servers are hosted in Phoenix, Arizona not Chicago. When you perform the command /ping you are given a number in which you have to divide it by 2 which is basically half of what the /ping gives you

Ex:
/ping
120ms
The current servers open are US,AU, and EU. Hope that answers your question ;)

Yannick

District 13
Reaction score
First of all, Like Axel | PlazaGames said, One is the US server and the other is the CA server.
Now a couple of months ago ChadTheDJ decided to close down the CA servers. So there currently only is one server in the US (us.mcgamer.net).

Also, just wanted to add that if you join with the ip: play.mcgamer.net. It redirects you to the server where you have the best connection to.

QA;TL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci