• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Pieces of Eight

Oymon

Spectator
Reaction score

Name of map
: Pieces of Eight
Lead Builder: Oymon
Game type: Survival Games
Map description:
Hey all!

Allow me to present Pieces of Eight!
A full-blown multiplayer Survival Games map for you to download, enjoy and kill all your friends in!

Sealed inside a vast dome, eight slices of the outside world have been carved out and placed right next to each other. They will be the arena that the contestants will be killing and maiming themselves on.

A dense Forest, a huge Mountain, the frozen Arctic Circle, a vast City, an Alien Planet, a deep Ocean, a Giant Playground and a war-torn Battlefield.

Let the games begin...

---

So this is a huuuuuuuuuge project that myself and a friend (Test Zero) have been working on and off for the better part of 2 years now.

While I've posted some pictures here, you can see a lot more by checking out the Imgur gallery that Zero set up here:
And you can also watch the video for a quick walk-through of the map that we did a little while back.

A few technical things to point out before you play:
- The maps has 24 spaces for players.
- The map DOES NOT use command blocks, just basic redstone wiring.
- The Spawn point is located on the top of the dome. Teleportation into the game area will be required.
- The map is designed with no mining in mind, just scavenging. A small handful of natural food items are scattered around.
- A text file included with the map contains the coordinates of all the Chests, as well as extra information such as chest difficulty, which chests are trapped, and rough locations of crafting tables and furnaces.
- There's a map of the Underground section included so you don't get lost.
- NONE of the chests contain any pre-set items. This was to prevent people learning the location of good items and always racing towards them.

Aside from that, enjoy playing on the map, please leave any comments or feedback, and bear in mind that this is our first Survival Games map, so things probably won't be perfect.

Video/screenshots:
Here's a basic walkthrough video:
And you can find a full gallery of images we uploaded here: http://imgur.com/a/39MUa (I did this to save space!)

Coordinates of center: 0, 0
Map radius: 300
Download: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/69926329/Pieces of Eight.rar

I, Oymon agree and accept that by submitting this map to the MCGamer Network for consideration it may be altered by the staff of MCGamer at any time in order to make gameplay changes. Also, by accepting this you understand that any violation of the map guidelines such as, but not limited to OP items being placed, may result in the immediate removal of your map and or any associated given ranks (VIP) from our servers. The MCGamer staff have full rights to decide whether or not the map in question is applied to or remains on the server network and the status of the map is subject to change at any time.

(Terms and Conditions are always written in tiny text!)

BassInYaFace

Tribute
Reaction score
Its hard to make a map with different sections such as you did here. If you want my opinion I would say to not make each section cut off completely in one straight line but rather blend it in with the rest of the sections.

Electrix

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
BassInYaFace basically said what I think. Try to make the huge mountain sink down to ground level instead of suddenly cutting it off. Also, instead of using basic blocks to create barriers, do something cool with terraforming.

Also, I think this should be a 48 player map. I don't know if it'd be big enough, but it would definitely be great for that IMO.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci