• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Petition to Remove sponsering in MCSGv2

Should sponsering be added in MCSGv2?

• No (Remove it from V2)

Votes: 30 60.0%
  • Yes (Keep it in V2)

Votes: 20 40.0%

• Total voters
Reaction score
So, news of MCSGv2 has been spreading like wildfire in the past day or two, and multiple threads have been made confirming sponsering. To sponser, you spend your points to give a living player a potion of your choice. As far as I'm aware now, there is no cap on how many potions a player can have in a game. I have been against this idea from my first week on the forum, it will be overpowering. Please read the following reasons, and vote based on your opinion.​
1. Teams
So, I'm sure it's no news that teams exsist in MCSG, they're a constant source of hate on the forums, and will never be removed. Many teams and clans have high point players, we're talking about players with points reaching 6000 - 10,000. It's no problem for someone with so many points to spend 50 - 100 on 1 potion, or 2, or 3. Let's say there's a team of 5 players. Jim - 5000 points, Amy - 5000 points, Ed - 6500 points, Dale - 3000 points. Those 4, are dead, and they have 1 teammate remaining. Those 4, being stacked with points, can easily carry the living player through the game.​
2. Youtubers
So, I'm sure many of you folks on the forums immediatly thought of Bajan when we first heard of sponsering. If you watch any Bajan video his fans bounty 1000's of points on Bajan. Of course, bounying points doesn't help Bajan in any way. But what if people could use those points to help Bajan, it would be horrible. Bajans several wins are all thanks to being carried by a team, what if he could be carried by specs too? People would use all of there points to give him tons of potions! He'd be unstoppable! Even a more little know youtuber, such as Blamph, would have a large advantage over the average player.​
3. Favoritism
If you've ever watched the average game, you've seen people take favorites. These favorites are very rarely those who actually need potions to guide them through the game. Usually the favorites are the people who catch the average specs eye, someone who has very nice armor or a good sword. Well, you know what they say.... The rich keep on getting richer. I doubt that people would even think of using their points to enhance someones chance of winning, they'd see it as a waste.​
4. Various extra reasons
The reason donators don't get in-game advantages is because the servers shouldn't be "Pay to win" Is it okay to have the servers be "Be popular to win"?​
In the movies, people spent a 100,000 dollars to give a bowl of broth to a tribute, it'd cost a large fortune to give someone something as useful as a "Stength Elixer"​
Here's the philosiphy MCSG has been using for almost a year now, why change it...​
"-Sponsors

The reason for not having sponsors in the near future is becuase of how unfair the feature would be if abused. Someone could go into the game with 5 friends, once they all die they will all sponsor him and give him a lot of food and maybe even some good armor, making him extremely over powered. Sorry, we wont be doing this soon."
This is just my opinion, but I'm sure others will agree. If you see this PLEASE VOTE, and try to get others to share there opinion by voting on here, we need a large sample group to be taken seriously. Also give some more reasons in your posts, I'll be adding good ones.​
Extra -- :)'s to you if you saw the hidden walking dead reference

AzureNinja99

Tribute
Reaction score
EDIT:
Changing my vote. After I see it now, it works very well. It was not as OP as I originally thought. You should all give it a chance.

Xxpsbounty567xX

Survivor
Reaction score
Look guys it just in beta ATM. Just wait and see how they implemented it first before jumping to conclusions. As far as i have seen it doesnt seem that OP. I swear the staff can never win because the second they change something people whine. And then they change it and people whine about the change. Just cut these guys a break and at least wait for the actually version to come out before just complaining.

hwracer

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
We know it's only in BETA, but that doesn't change the fact that it will still be crap. I might actually quit if this gets added!

hwracer signs!

Dentalrednasty

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I haven't played yet. So no opinion yet... I think it will be overpowered, But chad said somewhere that the prices are only a test. And it can change very easily.

people on can get stacked with potions if they have a lot of friends. Because you're only able to sponsor 1 potion.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci