• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Option to Toggle Skin/Steve with /d

AlgerWaterlow

Platinum
Reaction score
Did you ever get tired, bored, or concerned with other players seeing you as a Steve skin? Well, here's an idea to give people the option to remain disguised yet still have their skin be visible to all.

While the player is in the hub, have a Steve head in their 9th inventory slot.

Steve head shown (default) = player is a Steve to all

Player's head shown = player's skin is visible to all

You can right-click with this item in hand to toggle between the two only when disguised. Code in a while loop (Java talk here) to say "while player is disguised, disable use of this item" to prevent people being able to use this while undisguised.

Also, like the clock to toggle player visibility, a five second cooldown between uses would be a good idea. Changing player skins rapidly would put a bit of extraneous strain on the server I'd imagine (though who am I to know the stats of all the networks).

This is my third suggestion put forth in the past two weeks. The others were: 1). Extra line on victory message, and 2) Sponsor/Bounty messages. Any supportive feedback and/or constructive criticism on all three of these is appreciated! :)

Addendum #1: I understand that this feature is by no means necessary. It seems like something that might prove interesting. Yes, this might make spotting celebrities easier than tabbing names, however, Tomahawk, Grape, and Huahwi, for example, have a growing portion of members wearing their skins. The only real harm this might do is that regular donors might be targeted for being the celebrity they're a fan of. If that's a dealbreaker, so be it. But as a diamond donor who likes to wear Tomahawk's skin regularly, I wouldn't mind it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci