• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

One IP for all the different servers

Status
Not open for further replies.

netcvb

Spectator
Reaction score
I know right now for the us and eu servers there tons of ip's to connect on (us1.mcsg.in, us2.mcsg.in) (eu1.mcsg.in, eu2.mcsg.in), well i was wondering will there ever be a time where it's just 4 ip's (us.mcsg.in, eu.mcsg.in, saplings.mcsg.in, varide.mcsg.in) and when you join the server it puts you in a lobby and when a certain game is done, the server would put you in that game?

Sollyhol

Survivor
Reaction score
That would be cool in some ways, but it makes it harder to play with friends.

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
The 2 other times I have seen a thread exactly like this, it was shut down because it would be hard to play with friends. I like the idea though, if you can also manually join a server.
A problem is, this kind of makes donor kicking useless. The person has a spot reserved in the server as soon as he gets in this server that brings you to the other servers, and he can just go back if he gets kicked.
Another problem is that it will also bring you to a random server, no matter how many tributes are left (probably, it would make sense because if it always brings you to a server in the lobby, the other servers will empty fast) and you will either have to wait a long time, or disconnect and try to get in another server.

Sollyhol

Survivor
Reaction score
Also, if this happens now, then surely all games end at different times so the restarts will not work (I think)

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
The restarts would work fine. You just wouldn't be able to connect if the server was down. All the games end at different times already, and restarting won't affect anything. Anyways, that's not the point. Look at post I made :)

Balink

Spectator
Reaction score
How about if there is one waiting room, with a giant wall of signs: 1 for each of the servers. It will automatically place you in an open server unless you right click on the sign of the server you want to go to! Then you can still play with your friends, and it very much simplifies joining.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci