• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Official MCSG/MCGamer YouTube Channel!

KorStonesword

Diamond
Reaction score
I think that MCSG/MCGamer should have a official YouTube channel.
How would it be done? Read further, my friend!

The Idea:
I got the idea for this from MCPvP's official YouTube channel.
Simply put in the title, that MCSG/MCGamer should have and advertise their own YouTube channel. It would upload about 1-3 times a week, and would release videos relating to their server(s.)

The Execution:
Here is my idea of what they would post on there.

Top Tens: Similar to many other server's channels, they would post week/monthly top ten moments, taken from submissions from other MCSGers.

Spotlights/Shoutouts: Players would be able to submit Montages or other MCGamer related videos to the official MCGamer YouTube channel. The channel runners would upload their favorite to the MCGamer channel, bringing deserved traffic to smaller MCSG channels.

Announcements/Sneak Peeks: This would show and tell about new updates or give a sneak peek of what is to come.

And before you say 'Who would run this? Where would they find the time?' I have that sorted out as well.
They would open up new application forms: Channel Management and Channel Editor. These people would essentially make sure all the videos are completed and well made, under the supervision of a Sr. Mod / Admin. Of course only the owner/admins would have the pass and username for the channel though.

Share your thoughts in the description below!

tom00117

Career
Reaction score
I think that this would be cool :)
It might be hard to manage all the videos and stuff though :/

ThisJKid

Diamond
Reaction score
Concept seems good to me. Not sure about all the technicalities and whether the way you want it to be run is good, but still seems like a great idea.

Nikitos08

Career
Reaction score
they already announced that, Chad was thinking about making a Youtube channel, and give the Password to other youtubers, only problem is that if the Password is available for everyone, they just might delete others videos...

tom00117

Career
Reaction score
they already announced that, Chad was thinking about making a Youtube channel, and give the Password to other youtubers, only problem is that if the Password is available for everyone, they just might delete others videos...
or you could even delete the account if you had the password xD

KorStonesword

Diamond
Reaction score
I'd have to say that it's a good idea, but it could be risky.

- What type of content would be on there? Regular MCSG Videos, or only spotlights, announcements, and highlights of various things?
Here is my idea of what they would post on there.

Top Tens: Similar to many other server's channels, they would post week/monthly top ten moments, taken from submissions from other MCSGers.

Spotlights/Shoutouts: Players would be able to submit Montages or other MCGamer related videos to the official MCGamer YouTube channel. The channel runners would upload their favorite to the MCGamer channel, bringing deserved traffic to smaller MCSG channels.

Announcements/Sneak Peeks: This would show and tell about new updates or give a sneak peek of what is to come.
- Who would have access? In my opinion, I don't think it's a good idea to give regular YouTubers access, even if it was people like ThatOneTomahawk and Blamph, who are extremely well-known YouTubers. I've seen Tomahawk curse out people in GM (Back when he was Mod.. abuse much) and I'm sure he's not the only person that might abuse what they have if they get super mad.
They would open up new application forms: Channel Management and Channel Editor. These people would essentially make sure all the videos are completed and well made, under the supervision of a Sr. Mod / Admin. Of course only the owner/admins would have the pass and username for the channel though.

ThisJKid

Diamond
Reaction score
Well I assumed it would work like any community channel. Youtubers upload to their own channel, tag it with MCSG or something like that and then all this channel does it collect this videos into 1 place. It would make it easier for people to watch collected MCSG content and would help advertise MCSG youtubers.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci