• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

NZ Servers!

KingNarwhalII

Tribute
Reaction score
Hey =D

So yeah from the title above it's pretty obvious that I live in New Zealand so this is just a suggestion and I understand it's most likely not going to happen, but tell me what you guys think of this idea

Here are some pros:

NZers will get excellent connection
It will be interesting to meet some new people although most of them will be people that play on AU because NZ people play on AU for good connection.

Cons: idk tell me if you guys think there are some.

So yeah i'm not expecting if this happens like 30, perfect servers for MCSG, but 5-10 would be brilliant! =D

ScrewYouGumby2

Diamond
Reaction score
I know someone from NZ who gets 30 ping to AU, I get 90 ping to US...

Trilexium

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Not really necessary IMO, if you get bad ping to AU from NZ it's either because you a) live in the Styx or b) have bad internet.

D

Damien // Teepwn

or b) have bad internet.
a.k.a all of new zealand

But seriously, I'm pretty sure it's been suggested before and it won't happen. Are you aware what servers cost in New Zealand, much less Australia. I'll give you a hint, it's not small and it rhymes with "a kit ton".

I think MCSG has more important things to do with expenses than worry about providing some crappy little island with their own servers (no bias, i live on that crappy little island).

Also, the ping would make a hardly noticeable difference, I get 75ms to AU and 50ms to the city I live in. Infact, AU is probably more reliable for hosting, New Zealand really doesn't have that great internet.

KingNarwhalII

Tribute
Reaction score
yeah I know my idea is pretty dumb I just thought because this dude on skype told me they will release NZ servers, I guess he was lying...

ViolentKitten

Platinum
Reaction score
I'll give you a hint, it's not small and it rhymes with "a kit ton".
A kitten? :eek:

But seriously, NZ servers would be an impractical use of money, as the AU region was designed to cater for the Oceanian area. Having two servers in close proximity would be a significant waste of money for the server, and would not receive high traffic anyway. Although it would be a benefit for NZ players to receive a slight ping boost, it would be a large waste of money for the server.

Additionally, -30 ping is not really a huge factor in gameplay... I receive around 100 ping, and sure, having a server closer to my state in Australia would be beneficial but it doesn't make a huge difference.

Fireblare

Survivor
Reaction score
I think we need AS Servers not NZ Servers :p
People from Japan have to play on US servers where they all get atleast 130 ping :/

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci