• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Nordic Survival Games [24 player]

GloryxLegend

Spectator
Reaction score

Features:

-250 block map radius
-Around 200 chests
-Opportunity for different kinds of PVP (Long range, places of cover etc.)

Builders:

-ThiesKawang (Leader and main builder)
-Glory_x_Legend (Terraforming, builder)
-Gerrik11 (Builder)

Theme:

The map is based in the Viking period. It has many buildings that you may be able to tell are from Viking architecture, but, overall we wanted it to look good...not historically accurate. When it came to designing a new building, we turned to the power of Google to show us what this type of structure should look like. You will be exposed to screenshots, so you can decide for yourself.

Details:
As there were only a few builders, there are some open parts of the map filled with water. These areas are not designed to be used as a main battle arena. There are many different types of land within the map (Underground, traps, mountains, villages).
If you head from any point at spawn, it is almost certain you will meet a point of interest, unless you are very unlucky and have short render distance on.

Screenshots:

Above spawn; you can see the podiums from the piston texture. (It is round, not square) There are 12 chests in the spawn.

The bridge leads to a large tower at the edge of the map (it goes down into the mountain it is placed on) and is also full of hidden chests and secret areas.

The 'main' village (default texture) I think is the 'heart' of the map, and extends over what you can see in this image.

There are a few buildings in open areas (helpful for chases or bow action) to allow players some safety, here is the Church.

The forest can be accessed straight from spawn, and leads in 3 different directions.

If you require some more screenshots, I will try to upload them as soon as I can, but I am away for a week after this is posted. This means that user and leader of the project 'ThiesKawang' will be responding to any questions you may have about the map.

Trailer:

If the map receives enough love, and people ask, I am willing to produce a video trailer for the map, showing off a few of its features. People can ask for a custom texture pack to be used if they want, and it will be in 720p +.

Questions or comments:

As I say, ThiesKawang will be taking the role of responding to any questions asked. Remember to follow community guidelines when posting, and don't hate, because I'm sure I can slam you in an argument. (<3)

Map download:

If you want to check out the map, before it might be published, I have set up a download file on mediafire. I can personally promise you that there are no viruses on the file, and if there are your virus software should pick it up anyway. Look on youtube for how to install the map to your minecraft client, and again; ask Thies if you have any issues with it.

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download/49f9489gfrgx9cy/world.rar

Thanks for reading!

CaptainPhoenix30

Spectator
Reaction score
There are soooo many maps on the MCSG forums that don't look that good, and look like not much time was spent on them. THIS map is not one of those maps, I think this map has great builds, and great areas for PvP. The terraforming looks great, and the Cornucopia is really creative and unique. Also, there are no maps on the MCSG servers that are based on The Viking Era, so this makes the map original, in conclusion I think this map looks great, and I hope to see it in MCSG soon. :)

4non

Platinum
Reaction score
This map looks like it would be fun to hit noobs off the cliffs c:

I like it, it looks amazing. I hope it gets added c:

GloryxLegend

Spectator
Reaction score
There are soooo many maps on the MCSG forums that don't look that good, and look like not much time was spent on them. THIS map is not one of those maps, I think this map has great builds, and great areas for PvP. The terraforming looks great, and the Cornucopia is really creative and unique. Also, there are no maps on the MCSG servers that are based on The Viking Era, so this makes the map original, in conclusion I think this map looks great, and I hope to see it in MCSG soon. :)
Wow, thanks for your feedback. Its great to see someone so interested in the map ;) I should get a video up showing off some of the traps and hidden areas in the coming weeks. Your response is appreciated :3

L

Lululioness

It looks amazing and all the aspects of the game would be great, but the build style of the houses is very boring and much the same as the Team Elite lobby, Survival Kingdom and other maps. I would suggest finding a different build style for some areas and make it more original but still keep to the theme. Otherwise, everything is amazing! Terraforming and building is great. Be sure to add lots of traps, and maybe eliminate some of the water. And put flowers and grass everywhere because it makes it look cool :p

Aragon_Neotrix

Tribute
Reaction score
ADD DIS PLEASE its like a smaller survival kingdom and i loved that map i love the dark forest and corn

i like how there is some water not heaps

only criticism could use more buildings and something... unique to fight on that helps maps get in ;p

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci