• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

No bow 'ding' on AU

Status
Not open for further replies.

wertea

Platinum
Reaction score
Hey just wanted to ask why is it that on the Australian MCGamer servers the 'DING' noise when you hit someone was either removed or accidentally removed. At first I thought it was the fault of 1.7 but now since I have play on the US servers I realize that is not the case as they still receive the 'DING' noise every time they hit someone with their bow.

I hope this is a small AU bug and can be fixed quite easily, but I also understand if it is lower on your agenda when it comes to things to do.

~Wertea

P.S. I know its not just me, I have asked other players.

EDIT: I am now going around to US, EU, AS, AU and CA server I will update what happens like so
<Server><Test><If bow ding worked or not>

AU|Bow ding with music tab being set to 0|Did not work (1.7.2)
AU|Bow ding with the music tab set up to full| Did not work (1.7.2)

US|Bow ding with music tab being set to 0|Success, the bow ding happened. (1.7.2)
US|Bow ding with the music tab set up to full|Success, the bow ding happened. (1.7.2)

EU|Bow ding with music tab being set to 0|?
EU|Bow ding with the music tab set up to full|?

AS|Bow ding with music tab being set to 0|?
AS|Bow ding with the music tab set up to full|?

CA|Bow ding with music tab being set to 0|?
CA|Bow ding with the music tab set up to full|?

Last edited:

Lively

District 13
Reaction score
This is a bug in 1.7. Sometimes the player hit noise is played, sometimes not.

DannyMan725

Experienced
Reaction score
Woah wait wait wait wha!? No ding!? DATS IT I QUIT MINCRAFT FOZ EBAH.

Boboaluitz

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I remember when I first played when the 'ding' was first implemented into PvP. I was so shocked and seduced at the same time. That little bell brings so much happiness for me :oops:

But yeah, 1.7 and its flaws, though. What's up with PvP sounds being influenced by muting of Music in the sound menu (which may also be a problem)? With that and the constant reset of music being off to being on every time you start up Minecraft, it's almost like they're trying to get you to listen to C418 again.

Dave | Rev

Platinum
Reaction score
I've noticed this as well on AU, but I'm yet to play a game on US that I haven't heard the ding. It may be a 1.7 fault for music/sound configurement.

Upperbyte

Diamond
Reaction score
Can the devs please fix this issue? I got it in the AS servers and it is very irritating. I hit people and no sound come out. When I try to light someone on fire, even if they are on the fire, I can't even hear anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci