• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

New voting

Miner9823

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
By that, do you state it for in-game? Or do you refer it to within the forums? Because there are voting systems both on MCGamer forums as well as the MCGamer Minecraft servers. If you join a Survival Games lobby, it will allow you to vote a map for which you wish to play, for example:
  • Map 1
  • Map 2
You then can vote between those two maps and do /vote 1.

However, if you are referring to the Forums, then no worries! There are the MCGamer awards every now and then, and you can vote for the best map within the event, as well as other categories you wish to vote for, like best builder, best fighter, best forumer, and much more. Otherwise, you can always vote if you want a map to be added within the MCGamer servers by going here:
http://www.minecraftsurvivalgames.com/forums/map-downloads-and-discussions.10/

Hopefully this helped answer any remaining questions you had, however if you still have any more questions, feel free to reply.
Have a nice day. :)

ViolentKitten

Platinum
Reaction score
Hi there :)
The voting situation that you suggested was implemented for about a year (from the time of the sever beginning) until a decision was made by staff to implement a new voting system that based the selection off a 'lottery' system - meaning that however many votes the map had, the more likely it would be played. This meant that more underplayed maps would have the chance to be played and enjoyed.

This may chane in the future but for now, this is how the voting system shall remain.

Nikocheeko

Diamond
Reaction score
Hi there :)
The voting situation that you suggested was implemented for about a year (from the time of the sever beginning) until a decision was made by staff to implement a new voting system that based the selection off a 'lottery' system - meaning that however many votes the map had, the more likely it would be played. This meant that more underplayed maps would have the chance to be played and enjoyed.

This may chane in the future but for now, this is how the voting system shall remain.
Yesterday, when i was playing, i always thought that which ever had the most percentage of votes gets played. I was like D: when the map with 1 vote got played. It's actually a pretty good feature that you guys have. Certaintly gives the little guys a chance :3

ViolentKitten

Platinum
Reaction score
Yesterday, when i was playing, i always thought that which ever had the most percentage of votes gets played. I was like D: when the map with 1 vote got played. It's actually a pretty good feature that you guys have. Certaintly gives the little guys a chance :3
You should have been here in MCSG v1 :p The old voting system meant we saw nothing but Breeze Island and SG4...

The current system can be annoying at times when some dislike the map that gets chosen but yeah, it does give those less known maps a spot in the limelight :p

Fancypants6000

Survivor
Reaction score
I used to be against the lottery system, but now I like it! It can play under-played maps, and it is a nice compromise. Also, not many other servers do this surprisingly, it is original. The old voting system constantly played the same maps over and over, but now there is some variety, and the people who put hard work into those underplayed maps can finally have the map played more often!

Imanol

Diamond
Reaction score
Isn't this thread sort of pointless? Because I know Chad will never make a new voting system prior to the one now. I think the one now is alright and is good, yeah sometimes it will piss me off by picking SG3 but well whatever :)

Reaction score
if you are recent you wouldn't have saw that poll but there was a poll for the voting system sorry dude it is going to stay for a while

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci