• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

New Voting Idea- "cycling"

AwesomnessFace

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Hello everyone, your favorite face here giving you a cool idea on a new voting idea that will probably get beaten down into the earth, but whatever.
So the idea of it is this- Instead of skipping, we can "cycle". When you cycle, the most and least voted maps are taken out and the 2nd and 3rd most voted are still in, and is replaced by 2 random maps, which MAY be Breeze or Survival Games 4, but with cycling if they are most voted they can be taken out and a less played but good map can have a chance. When cycled, maps do not keep their votes. I'll give you some pros and cons.
Pros-
-Takes out a bigger possibility of SG4 and Breeze.
-Stuff like SG2 and Yellowstone are played more often.
-More chest routes are created, and therefore more players that are good.
-Bigger variety of maps.
-Cuts the possibility of Breeze or SG4 in half.
-Lots of other things you guys can post about.
Cons-
-People may cycle through until SG4 or Breeze are hit, aka ringing back the skip problem. (But they can be cycled out)
-On an extremely rare occasion, with the Survival Games 5 glitch (where it is inserted twice) It can be a full Survival Games 5 vote. (Because if both beginning SG5's aren't cycled out, then with the glitch 2 more replace the other maps, it's all SG5)
-Other things you guys may find.

This is only a beginning idea, but I think it's cool and gives other maps a chance. Here's a senario of what can happen.

Cycle Votes- (11/12)
Breeze Island- (17)
Survival Games 2- (8)
Solar Frost- (5)
Yellowstone- (0)

Maps have received enough votes to cycle through.
Teweran SG- (0)
Survival Games 2- (0)
Solar Frost- (0)
Hungry Hills- (0)

Thank you for your consideration of the idea,
AwesomnessFace

EDIT- Im thinking of cycling only occuring only 1 or 2 times, and requires more than 12 votes so we know Survival Games 4 or Yellowstone (Example) Are not wanted.

Toast

District 13
Reaction score
Hmm...Its an interestng idea, still need to think about it.

Saza

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Hmm, so it takes out the most voted maps? If players get too smart, they might abuse this glitch by voting all the maps they hate so they still get to play the good maps. I think this idea is great but needs to be developed more. I believe the staff are working on a more efficient voting system as we speak.

eshancowee

District 13
Reaction score
Hmm, so it takes out the most voted maps? If players get too smart, they might abuse this glitch by voting all the maps they hate so they still get to play the good maps. I think this idea is great but needs to be developed more. I believe the staff are working on a more efficient voting system as we speak.
Hmm, Yeah. But it would be pretty hard to abuse to be honest, people wouldnt get together to do something like that

Vaangel

District 13
Reaction score
Let's remove all maps except for SG2.
Then the world would be WONDERFUL :p

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci