• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

New Survival Games Map- Caelum Mundi

Would you play on this map?

• Total voters

Matt_stigs

Spectator
Reaction score
Parts of a once familiar earth, now scattered in the sky. A place once forgotten by many, but now used as a field for one of the greatest battles ever in history! This is the world of Caelum Mundi.
The name 'Caelum Mundi" is Latin for Heaven world. This new Survival games takes place above the clouds in a beautiful yet challenging map. It includes a lot of parkour and skill in order to survive.
The Texture pack used for the photos is: Dokucraft 1.6 (light and fluffy)
To view more pictures and download, view here: http://www.planetminecraft.com/project/new-survival-games-map--caelum-mundi/

Attachments

Theoretical

District 13
Reaction score
Wow, I'm impressed, looks like an interesting map mainly because there has never been a successful Skylands map before.

My only worry is that the four bridges stemming from Corn make it hard to get away as evenly dived, 6 players would all have to walk across a long 2 block bridge. I would make it easier to get away.

What I do like is the flat ground for good PvP.

Carz

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
What if you fall off :/

Aside from that, this map looks great. Nice job, d00d.

Matt_stigs

Spectator
Reaction score
If your concerned about the 4 exits i can assure you that it isn't as big of a deal as you might think. Ive seen this map in action and at the beginning, players either run for center, or leave right away. Also, there are some chests up in the tree which will take a little longer to get while more people run off. What i'm trying to say that it is unlikely that there will be 6 players crossing one bridge at the same time.
Hope this clears things up :)

Zaneee

Platinum
Reaction score
I like it, really good ground and cause i helped partially but nonetheless, good map

HugBabybear

Platinum
Reaction score
this map looks good! i like how the map floats in the sky and it has a lot of well built structures on it :O
SO PRETTY! Definitely would play this map :eek:

Ninetailefox92

District 13
Reaction score
Heya just gunna do a quick review of the map :3

I am really torn with this map on whether I like it or not, I think the terraforming looks great on the islands, and the islands seem a nice size, quite big which is nice and they sit nicely with each other

I think the build style is really nice, the street buildings look great, the asian style palace looks great and all the custom tree's also look good. Not too sure about the mix of themes as the different islands seem a bit random in theme, but they do blend together well.

My only worry of this map is the bridges seem to bridge quite a long gap and it would be really irritating to get trapped on a bridge or hit off, so I am unsure of how the gameplay would work on the map..

Overall I would give the map a 7/10, although the gameplay may falter, looks wise I think it looks great and its a theme which has been tried a lot before, so its nice to see one which works nicely

Sneeze7

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
This map .. meh.

Some nice individual things. Some few buildings, a couple of trees, and a bit of the terraforming.

But this is what i think this needs to become a great build and a map.

The theme is lacking(this is almost too obvious to point out but hey.) It just seems random and just a lot of small things put together into an SG map, not really a constant theme or fluid environment,

This has no depth. There's too much flatland, simple terrain with horribly smoothed terraforming, a couple of the builds are too simple and do not bring too much detail.

Anyway, good luck, you have some good builds, organics and terraforming, if you get better at combining these into more appropriate SG maps, they can become really good, Good luck.

Jcamotts

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Some things look nice, but some things look out of place.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci