• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

New regions?

Wyz

Diamond
Reaction score
I got this idea that we could add new rehions for Russians, Romanians, Hackers, Boosters, you name it! We could get rid of whole nationalities and races! <3

What do you guys think?

MoLoToV

Platinum
Reaction score
I think you are making a quick generalisation without actually sufficient evidence that ALL the hacker are russian etc.

Wyz

Diamond
Reaction score
I think you are making a quick generalisation without actually sufficient evidence that ALL the hacker are russian etc.
No, let me correct you hackers and boosters.

Just kidding, Russians are scums, not all of them are hacking, but it would be nice to have a Russian free EU server. (no racism I swear on me mum)

Seriously though, I have met some really nice Russians, the donors I have met are cocky are rude, but I have met nice Russian guys :3

Miner9823

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
To be honest, even running four regions at the same time, including the vast amount of servers is quite difficult to maintain. Imagine making even more regions, imagine how difficult it would maintain and pay for at an annual rate. Because the AS regions had existed before, but shut down because it was difficult to maintain and had little population within it. Although this plan may seem quite rational, and pretty useful, it may be difficult to even develop it. And we may never know how popular it could get.

Wyz

Diamond
Reaction score
To be honest, even running four regions at the same time, including the vast amount of servers is quite difficult to maintain. Imagine making even more regions, imagine how difficult it would maintain and pay for at an annual rate. Because the AS regions had existed before, but shut down because it was difficult to maintain and had little population within it. Although this plan may seem quite rational, and pretty useful, it may be difficult to even develop it. And we may never know how popular it could get.
Imagine how easy it would be to have a hacker region, you just hop on the servers and record one game, boom, 23 hackers gone xD

Just kidding, I made this thread half-joking, although it'd be cool, it most certainly won't work.

Miner9823

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Imagine how easy it would be to have a hacker region, you just hop on the servers and record one game, boom, 23 hackers gone xD

Just kidding, I made this thread half-joking, although it'd be cool, it most certainly won't work.
In a way, it could seem like a good trap for actual hackers so we know who to ban if they hypothetically willingly join the hacker region. However it could be risky because there could be legitimate players who would be willing to try out hacks, without selfishly taking advantage over other players in-game for an unfair gain. c:

And I guess the joke thread seemed pretty interesting, it did get me thinking! xP

Reactions: Wyz

Roarryy

Survivor
Reaction score
Regions are a more broader way to bring in new players!

Mooclan

Forum God
Reaction score
Wat is dat
Italy.

While it would be great to be able to have regions for each individual countries, it's simply impractical. :(

- Moderators would be spread much more thinly. Nowadays if you think you only see one mod every twenty games... it might go down to as little as every one hundred games. Those numbers are random, but my point is that Moderators will have more servers to patrol, but they will probably stick to the major ones like EU, AU, and US since that's where the most players are on, leaving the smaller regions virtually uncontrolled and unregulated, in comparison.

- Financially, it's not exactly a possibility. I don't know the extent of MCGamer's resources and expenses, but I can only imagine that when you combine DDoS protection, server costs, Internet connection, and everything else... I think it's safe to say that MCGamer is not at a point where they are capable to safely invest in such a large project.

However, creating alternate IPs such as "it.mcgamer.net" (Italy) which connected to the EU region, would be much more feasible, although slightly misleading.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci