• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

New point awarding system?

Should this be implemented?

• Total voters

WertQuadNine

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I currently think the point awarding system is not unfair, but weird. Currently when you kill someone with, lets say they have 1,000 points and you have 200, you will be rewarded with maybe 70 points, even though they might have just a wooden sword, and you have full iron (iron wins) you will receive 70 points. HOWEVER if the wooden sword guy with 1,000 points kills you, he will recieve maybe 10 points, which isn't fair because you worked really hard to kill a guy with full iron and you still only got 5-10 points.

So I think a new point system should be implemented, where the points you receive are from the armor, not from there current bounty. FOR EXAMPLE: You have full leather and stone sword.
He has full iron and iron sword. You manage to kill him. You will receive 30 points. If the other way around and HE kills you. he would receive 10 points. Get what i'm saying?

So thats just a suggestion, let me know if you think that would be bad or REALLY good!

chockadlad

District 13
Reaction score
Hard to understand,think I got it though. I would rather change losing around 5% back to like 2.5%

kaiomann

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
As Matt, it will probably hard to code, if not impossible... And also, i think the point system is fair as it is, a guy with 1000 points is mostly skilled anyways, it doesn't matter what stuff.

fushi

District 13
Reaction score
Hard to understand, hard to code, hard to get developers to read :p

Mamiamato24

Diamond
Reaction score
The current system is just fine. It's all about skill, not armor.

ejegun

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
That's seems really hard to code, I don't know if it's possible...
It is, but it would be really complicated and recourse taking. Basically, you'd have to monitor every players inventory at every time and code an algorithm (is dat spelt right?) that finds it out every time someone dies. I think an ELO based system for a win would be the thing we need!

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
I like the current point system over this. Currently, you gain 5% of the points of the person you killed. With this system, you could get lots of points for killing a noob. Now, you get more points for killing better players.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci