• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

New Idea: Trending On Forums

You like the Trending On Forums Idea?

• Yes!

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Kinda!

Votes: 6 60.0%
  • Nah!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

MCGamerzism

Platinum
Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

So I love a bit of a challenge and a competition if you like. So I thought about something, I thought that MCG has leaderboards for PvP styled people (if you get what I mean), but I felt like the forums wasn't enough of a challenge, don't get me wrong, there a hell a lot of fun to browse around, but I thought we could introduce like a section maybe on the home page called "Whats Trending" or something like that.

Basically, hot topics or popular threads AT THE CURRENT TIME would be highlighted into the section, just like "Recent status updates". We could also have a kinda system that holds "records" if you like, so like"longest thread ever in community corner section"

So maybe "competition" isn't the right word to use here, but it was just an idea that I'd thought I'd voice so I can get other peoples opinions.

Tell me what you think of the "Trending On Forums" idea!​

Chobski

Diamond
Reaction score
It would be good for quickly getting to popular threads and the like, the only way at the moment is the What's New section which seems to be spammed with clans...

MCGamerzism

Platinum
Reaction score
It would be good for quickly getting to popular threads and the like, the only way at the moment is the What's New section which seems to be spammed with clans...
That's very true, maybe a past member of the forums was to come back see how MCG is getting on, but they don't want to see all the clatter, they can see the important ones in the trending section? And yeah, its spammed with clans..that don't even exist.

Mooclan

Forum God
Reaction score
Actually, this would be very fun to see.
Something like a filter for most posts within the last (X) amount of time.
It'd be a really fun thing to explore, I'd love to see this implemented. My question is, for threads that might not fit in any particular section, who would select them?

MCGamerzism

Platinum
Reaction score
Actually, this would be very fun to see.
Something like a filter for most posts within the last (X) amount of time.
It'd be a really fun thing to explore, I'd love to see this implemented. My question is, for threads that might not fit in any particular section, who would select them?
Well I havent thought that far yet, it'd be based around how many views it gets or how many posts etc.

Miko_

Diamond
Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

So I love a bit of a challenge and a competition if you like. So I thought about something, I thought that MCG has leaderboards for PvP styled people (if you get what I mean), but I felt like the forums wasn't enough of a challenge, don't get me wrong, there a hell a lot of fun to browse around, but I thought we could introduce like a section maybe on the home page called "Whats Trending" or something like that.

Basically, hot topics or popular threads AT THE CURRENT TIME would be highlighted into the section, just like "Recent status updates". We could also have a kinda system that holds "records" if you like, so like"longest thread ever in community corner section"

So maybe "competition" isn't the right word to use here, but it was just an idea that I'd thought I'd voice so I can get other peoples opinions.

Tell me what you think of the "Trending On Forums" idea!​
Seems cool. But the clan section would definitely need to be filtered out. Or have a "What's trending" on all sub forums (e.g. Community Corner, SG Discussion etc.)

ViolentKitten

Platinum
Reaction score
Seems cool. But the clan section would definitely need to be filtered out. Or have a "What's trending" on all sub forums (e.g. Community Corner, SG Discussion etc.)
Its pretty much just as easy to view the first page and see popular threads if you had to browse each section for this feature

MCGamerzism

Platinum
Reaction score
Its pretty much just as easy to view the first page and see popular threads if you had to browse each section for this feature
The clans section could be filtered out, and to be honest, more people view threads in other sections more compared to clans and teams, so unless a popular person made a clan and loads of people look at it then it wouldn't trending

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci