• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

New Hunger Games Map (Hunting Hills)

dantheshapon

Spectator
Reaction score
Built in that traditional style of hunger games 1, is mostly natural scenery great for spotting people are range and getting those long distance bow shots. the whole map give a natural feel and a true sense of the harsh wilderness with thick forest rivers lakes and mountains. the lay out of this map is a main spawn point for 24 players this is then surrounded by tall snow capped mountains to give a bowl effect this, along with the high amounts of chests near the spawn focuses all the combat to the middle of the map and reduces people from running the out skirts. this map is a fast paced map and medium size. it would be nice if you could check it out link to pictures on planet Minecraft. If its not good enough i would appreciate some feed back and improvement that could be made or a list of good thing and bad things.

http://www.planetminecraft.com/project/vikkcraft-servers-hunger-games-map-hunting-hills/ (sorry about the name of the pmc name i made it for the release of another server)

Halo_0

Career
Reaction score
Seems a bit too generic. Maybe add a theme to it?

Halo_0

Career
Reaction score
Maybe medieval? Futuristic? Amusement parks? There are tons.

Levah

District 13
Reaction score
First I have to say. The terraforming is amazing. I as a veteran terraformer think this is amazing,

This corn.... Sorry but I have no clue what you where thinking.

But anyways! Good luck! :)

CrimsonRed

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Terraforming is amazing, love dem mountains.

My only bit is that the map is too bland and generic. Reminds me of Lost Ridge and Hungry Hills. I'd add some structures to the map or something to fill in those empty gaps.

Ender_Harold

Career
Reaction score
I like it, but it has so much more potential. Terraforming is great, use that to your advantage. Add some more structures, buildings, caves, etc. Make it more exciting. :)

hobo_skater

Tribute
Reaction score
The terraforming is great, but it's still missing quite a bit.

reven86

Platinum
Reaction score
Me personally, I love maps with large wooded areas, but the Mcsg community tends to shy away from large maps with a lot of trees. Maps like Hungry Hill, SG3 and SG1 are maps that rarely even get touched anymore because people hate walking around for 30 minutes looking for people to kill or chests to find. I feel like if you are going to make this map work, you are going to have to put ALOT of nice structures and building in the map. It is going to have to look amazing.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci